(Grumble) Hangar rash

Old September 8th 04, 07:39 AM
Roger Halstead

On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 00:47:24 GMT, "G.R. Patterson III"
wrote:

C J Campbell wrote:

Or should I say flagpole rash. I just found out one of the line guys was
dragging my plane around with a tug and managed to snag the flagpole,
leaving a nice flagpole shaped dent in the leading edge of the left wing. I

Doesn't that call for a spar inspection and possibly the carry though.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

told Mike to just tie the guy to the flagpole, and I will bring in some wood
to set him on fire tomorrow morning.

Just cover him with honey and the fire ants will get him prepped for
the barbecue.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

I'll send you a few logs if you need more wood. Somebody crunched my left aileron a
few years back. Cost the insurance company about a grand and the plane was down for
several months. They never found out who (or what) did it.

George Patterson
If you want to know God's opinion of money, just look at the people
he gives it to.

Old September 8th 04, 03:05 PM
Jay Honeck

He went along for the ride,
so I guess he believes in his workmanship.

This is an excellent thing, indeed.

That's the kind of attitude and performance that makes us truly love our A&P
mechanic. He's a pilot, his assistant is a pilot (and an A&P) and he has no
compunctions about flying in a plane he's worked on.

It certainly gives me a confidence that I never had before we discovered
him.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old September 8th 04, 04:00 PM
C J Campbell

wrote:

C J Campbell wrote:

Or should I say flagpole rash. I just found out one of the line guys

was
dragging my plane around with a tug and managed to snag the flagpole,
leaving a nice flagpole shaped dent in the leading edge of the left

wing. I

Doesn't that call for a spar inspection and possibly the carry though.

Yeah, but the spar is easy to inspect and it does not appear to be damaged
in any way.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

told Mike to just tie the guy to the flagpole, and I will bring in some

wood
to set him on fire tomorrow morning.

Just cover him with honey and the fire ants will get him prepped for
the barbecue.

We have no fire ants around here.

Actually, as I told Mike yesterday, this guy will probably be the most
careful line guy in the world from now on. He is no longer just a line guy,
but one with experience, and I doubt he will ever be so careless again.

The line guy is off for the week for scheduled surgery. Maybe I will just go
to the hospital and pull on his stitches a little. Or at least help change
his bandages.... Just to show I have no hard feelings, you know. :-)