'87D gets a makeover - 3

Old July 13th 06, 12:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dan Luke

Default '87D gets a makeover - 3

"Jack Allison" wrote:

Looks sharp Dan.

Thanks!

Too bad about the cost overrun...yikes, 90% over?

Too bad for the shop; they were working on a firm quote.

Ouch. Looking forward to seeing the work in person at OSH. We'll be
arriving with the Honecks Sunday morning.

See you there.

--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old July 13th 06, 03:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
john smith

In article ,
Jack Allison wrote:

Is that before, after or while Viperdoc conducts the Allison surgery?

I repeat, the toe is fine...absolutely fine. No poking/prodding/surgery
of any kind required. MontBlack is the one that can take advantage of
Viperdoc's talents (and maybe get hooked up with some more vocodin). :-)
Did I mention that the toe is fine? I'll be in sandals to prove it.

Are you a trained medical professional?
No, I didn't think so.
The most common phrase doctors hear for their patients is, "I feel fine."
I think we should let Viperdoc have a look at and make a professional
assessment.
Then, after a couple of beers, we will have him assess it again.
This should be repeated as necessary until he gives consistant decrees.

Old July 13th 06, 05:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Montblack[_1_]

("Jim Burns" wrote)
Finally! Some rational thinking!

He wouldn't do much laughing on the return flight, but wouldn't it be a
pretty good story for next year's N40BBQ if Jack was the one to get the
hernia repair?

Come to think of it, walking around Thursday and Friday would be plenty
tough on the old boy, too. What with the fresh stitches (rivets - whatever)
....and that bad toe.

Montblack

Old July 13th 06, 06:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
john smith

In article ,
"Montblack" wrote:

Come to think of it, walking around Thursday and Friday would be plenty
tough on the old boy, too. What with the fresh stitches (rivets - whatever)
...and that bad toe.

Speaking of which... I still haven't seen an Aero Mart surgical supply
shopping list?
Possible items...
tin snips (scissors)
rib stitching cord (for suturing)
rib stitching needles (for suturing)
safety wire (for really stubborn suturing)
safety wire pliers (for really stubborn suturing)
pop rivets (assorted sizes and metals)
pop rivet gun
aluminum sheeting (assorted gages, strengths)
clecos (assorted sizes)
cleco pliers
vice grip pliers (clamps)
Old July 14th 06, 05:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jack Allison[_1_]

Dan Luke wrote:
Too bad about the cost overrun...yikes, 90% over?

Too bad for the shop; they were working on a firm quote.

Ah...I see. You seemed rather calm for a BIG cost overrun. They live
and learn, you don't have to pay extra...that's the way it should be.

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-Instrument Airplane

"To become a Jedi knight, you must master a single force. To become
a private pilot you must strive to master four of them"
- Rod Machado

Old July 14th 06, 05:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jack Allison[_1_]

Montblack wrote:
("Jim Burns" wrote)

Finally! Some rational thinking!

And Jim promised to quit all this silliness...somewhere in the OP.
Wasn't this post about Dan's new interior?

Come to think of it, walking around Thursday and Friday would be plenty
tough on the old boy, too. What with the fresh stitches (rivets -

Now there are a few words I don't hear strung together in reference to me.

AvWeb site makeover Peter R. Piloting 8 July 13th 06 03:11 PM
'87 Delta gets a makeover - 2 Dan Luke Owning 6 May 17th 06 09:50 PM
'87D gets a makeover # 1 Dan Luke Owning 4 May 10th 06 01:14 PM