Panels for the Parhelia (formerly "Not much here")

Old January 15th 05, 12:07 PM
Warren

Default Panels for the Parhelia (formerly "Not much here")

Quilljar

As promised I have prepared a webpage illustrating the two routes for 2D
panels using the Parhelia - Please note that both require some work on
them. Where a Virtual cockpit is supplied with the aircraft, then that
is the preferred route: but this can be difficult in phases of flying
such as the landing where the instruments need to be scanned, operations
by the mouse needed as well as a good view outside where pheripheral
vision is valuable.

I would welcome any comments.

Warren

http://www.cityontheweb.co.uk/aircraft/panel-design.htm
Old January 15th 05, 01:22 PM
Quilljar

Hi Warren,
They look super to me. I wonder how you do it and how do you install them? I
usually only fly GA, mainly the Cessna , but those panels are impressive.

BTW, the lower one does not enlarge when clisked on.

Quilljar Matrox
see http://client.webshots.com/album/194691959rhDQFi

Old January 15th 05, 02:34 PM
Warren

Quilljar wrote:
Hi Warren,
They look super to me. I wonder how you do it and how do you install them? I
usually only fly GA, mainly the Cessna , but those panels are impressive.

BTW, the lower one does not enlarge when clisked on.

Quilljar Matrox
see http://client.webshots.com/album/194691959rhDQFi

Sorry about that - forgot to add the link! It's ok now!

Old January 15th 05, 02:46 PM
Warren

Quilljar wrote:
Hi Warren,
They look super to me. I wonder how you do it and how do you install them? I
usually only fly GA, mainly the Cessna , but those panels are impressive.

BTW, the lower one does not enlarge when clisked on.

Quilljar Matrox
see http://client.webshots.com/album/194691959rhDQFi

For installation the Flightsim How-to page is good:

I'm experimenting with putting together a complete package of gauges and
textures for the widescreen panels as you can put all the gauges in the
aircraft panel file rather than in the Gauges file. I'll let you know
when I've done more but it may be some time as I have a fairly heavy
work-load with graphics for clients.

Warren
Old January 15th 05, 04:46 PM
Carl Frisk

"Warren" wrote in message ...
Quilljar

As promised I have prepared a webpage illustrating the two routes for 2D panels using the Parhelia - Please note that
both require some work on them. Where a Virtual cockpit is supplied with the aircraft, then that is the preferred
route: but this can be difficult in phases of flying such as the landing where the instruments need to be scanned,
operations by the mouse needed as well as a good view outside where pheripheral vision is valuable.

I would welcome any comments.

Warren

http://www.cityontheweb.co.uk/aircraft/panel-design.htm

Personally I'd rather fly the 2nd one. I'm less concerned with realism than with utility. Guess I need to a Parhelia
to my list of needed FS9 hardware
--
....Carl Frisk
Anger is a brief madness.

Old January 15th 05, 07:21 PM
Quilljar

I'm experimenting with putting together a complete package of gauges
and textures for the widescreen panels as you can put all the gauges
in the aircraft panel file rather than in the Gauges file. I'll let
you know when I've done more but it may be some time as I have a
fairly heavy work-load with graphics for clients.

Warren

Excellent! I can't wait.
Still ,I have waited about three years already, I suppose another few weeks
won't matter!

Old January 16th 05, 11:43 PM
Talon

That's really fantastic work Warren,

I'll be watching this to see how it develops. I've always pondered the idea
of a three view 2d panel for my Parhelia flying. The VC has it's merit but
only the really well done one's (PMDG 737, Aeroworx B200 as an example) keep
my attention for any length of time. In addition to my Parhelia, I use a
NVidia PCI card with two LCD's for my 2D panel's so I generally use a custom
panel (FS Panel Studio) on one LCD and then break out additional panels
(radios, FMC, Throttles, GPS etc.) on the other one. I keep thinking about
adding a second PCI card for more real estate but finance's haven't
permitted the expense of the card and the monitors yet. Again, really nice
work.

Paul

"Warren" wrote in message
Quilljar

As promised I have prepared a webpage illustrating the two routes for 2D
panels using the Parhelia - Please note that both require some work on
them. Where a Virtual cockpit is supplied with the aircraft, then that is
the preferred route: but this can be difficult in phases of flying such as
the landing where the instruments need to be scanned, operations by the
mouse needed as well as a good view outside where pheripheral vision is
valuable.

I would welcome any comments.

Warren

http://www.cityontheweb.co.uk/aircraft/panel-design.htm

WTB: first-class seats and interior panels from airliner dt Aviation Marketplace 0 August 23rd 04 10:01 PM
Glass panels: what OS? Bruce Horn Piloting 84 June 28th 04 08:31 AM
Wrinkly flat panels [email protected] Home Built 27 March 6th 04 02:12 PM
FSCOF 2d panels gone Mongo Simulators 10 August 3rd 03 12:07 AM
Black panels in FS2004 with all of the detonator drivers Brad D. Simulators 0 August 1st 03 11:59 PM