Gliderport Dress Code

Old April 1st 08, 11:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Gliderport Dress Code

Ridge Soaring Gliderport Dress Code

We began the gliderport 34 years ago. During this time, we have seen a
large variety of apparel worn by glider pilots and crew.

Considering the value of the gliders being flown; the trailers,
equipment and types of vehicles being driven, we believe it is
important for visiting glider pilots to demonstrate the class of
individual represented.

Golf courses require a dress code, and it is fitting for glider pilots
to exhibit similar standards.
We have often been embarrassed by glider pilots attire when we go to
local restaurants in the evening.

Sneakers will no longer be tolerated. Black or Brown leather shoes are
the standard and they must be clean and polished.

Long pants with a crease are required for males. No loud colors or
patterns. Shorts of any kind are not permitted.

Women may wear dresses as long as the hem is at least to the knee.

Shirts shall be long sleeve. No loud colors or patterns. Typical
banned shirts include those with large prints of gliders on the front
or back. Shirts must have a collar.

It is now required for pilots to wear protection while assembling
their gliders to prevent grease stains on their clothing. A single
color apron (blue) is suitable for this purpose.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Old April 2nd 08, 12:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Backer

Gee Tom, you guys are way behind the curve. We have had a code at least
that strict at Warner Springs for years. Plus, we require that each
pilot enlist a helper o hold up a 5' square piece of black plastic to
shield the view when peeing next to the trailer.

Old April 2nd 08, 12:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JJ Sinclair

Good one Tom!
I remember judge Latermore asking Eric Mozer to stand up at a
nationals pilots meeting at Uvalde. Eric was wearing sneakers, shorts
and a T-shirt that said, "Sex Instructor". The Judge then pointed out
that the Texas farmers are used to Levies or khaki, but they weren't
ready for the likes of Eric!

Good April fools Tom,
JJ

Old April 2nd 08, 01:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

I can never remember. Does the Tyvek logo go on the front or the back?
Old April 2nd 08, 01:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
rlovinggood

My glider is a 1970 model.

Should I wear clothes made in 1970 or earlier?

(I probably still have some...)

One thing I can't do: Grow hair to suit a 1970 image...

Ray Lovinggood
Thinning on top (but not around the middle)
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA
Old April 2nd 08, 02:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
GM

On Apr 1, 6:53*pm, wrote:
[...]

Tom,

you forgot to mention that all pilots visiting Ridge Soaring are
expected from now on to sip their cold refreshments quietly and with
their pinky spread and loud 'high-five's' in public after an
exceptional ridge flight are fround upon.

Uli Neumann
Libelle 'GM'

Old April 2nd 08, 03:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ben

"It is now required for pilots to wear protection while assembling
their gliders"

That's certainly a good idea. Statistics from the communicable disease
center show that gliderports are one of the major STD aquisition
centers, coming in only slightly behind bars and dance
halls in our current culture.

Old April 2nd 08, 07:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
g l i d e r s t u d

Anyone wearing those hats should be protected.
Old April 2nd 08, 08:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Cats

On Apr 2, 1:57*am, rlovinggood wrote:
My glider is a 1970 model.

Should I wear clothes made in 1970 or earlier?

(I probably still have some...)

Do they still fit?

One thing I can't do: *Grow hair to suit a 1970 image...

I guess we should be thankfull for small mercies.

BTW - an addition to the dress code. NO COMBOVERS.

Old April 2nd 08, 02:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Raphael Warshaw

On Apr 2, 3:39*am, Cats wrote:
On Apr 2, 1:57*am, rlovinggood wrote:

This is going to put a serious dent in Cindy Brickner's tee shirt
business.

Ray Warshaw

1LK

My glider is a 1970 model.

Should I wear clothes made in 1970 or earlier?

(I probably still have some...)

Do they still fit?

One thing I can't do: *Grow hair to suit a 1970 image...

I guess we should be thankfull for small mercies.

BTW - an addition to the dress code. *NO COMBOVERS.

Glider Pilot Dress Code Ken Kochanski (KK) Soaring 29 May 3rd 07 07:59 PM
Dress Code Newps Piloting 130 October 11th 06 11:34 PM
Only at a gliderport SAM 303a Soaring 5 August 18th 06 02:53 PM
Dress blues needed by volunteer John Miller Naval Aviation 13 August 22nd 04 08:10 AM
Double-knit dress blues? John Miller Naval Aviation 0 July 18th 04 04:20 PM