Which oil can cutter?

Old November 28th 05, 04:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Which oil can cutter?

Which oil filter can cutter do you or your mechanic use? There are several
available and the prices are as varied as their claims. Wondering what you
use and which ones to avoid. Currently we've taken our filters to a friends
and borrowed him, his cutter, and his time. Time to buy one of my own.

Thanks!

Jim

Old November 28th 05, 06:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

I tried a few of them before I found the one at Sacramento Sky Ranch
http://www.sacskyranch.com/index.htm.
Pricey but it works great.

Old November 28th 05, 06:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

I do NOT like P/N 12-21395 from Aircraft Spruce. The threaded pipe has
to be removed from the center of the oil filter for it to work.
--
Gene Seibel
Hangar 131 - http://pad39a.com/gene/plane.html

Old November 28th 05, 10:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Jim,
We followed the adivce given by Evan Julber in this thread

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...7?dmode=source

and ordered a pipe cutter from Harbor Freight

"BTW, you can open your filter for inspection one of two ways: buy an
expensive oil can cutter or call Harbor Freight and order a $14.95 pipe
cutter (No. 3, Item 05983-OCZA, 1-800-423-2567)."

It works great.

Hai Longworth

Old November 29th 05, 01:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Michelle,
I noticed the Airwolf cutter looks like it "lacks" a handle, ie: it's rather
round. Any problems turning it?
Thanks,
Jim

"Michelle P" wrote in message
ink.net...
Airwolf sells a nice one.
Happy customer.
Michelle

Old November 29th 05, 09:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

The one that John Schwaner of Sacramento Sky Ranch designed and is selling
is my choice hands down.

Jim

"Michelle P" wrote in message
ink.net...
Airwolf sells a nice one.
Happy customer.
Michelle

Old November 29th 05, 09:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Jim,
No.
Michelle

Jim Burns wrote:

Michelle,
I noticed the Airwolf cutter looks like it "lacks" a handle, ie: it's rather
round. Any problems turning it?
Thanks,
Jim

"Michelle P" wrote in message
link.net...

Airwolf sells a nice one.
Happy customer.
Michelle

Old November 29th 05, 10:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Michelle wrote, "Jim, No. Michelle"

I nominate Michelle for the 2005 RAO brevity award.

Jon

Old November 29th 05, 10:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

That's the same short one way conversation that I've had with plenty of
women.... and getting married doesn't improve the situation much either!
Jim

Paper Cutter Mike Rapoport Home Built 3 August 23rd 05 07:10 PM
What size hole saw do I use? [email protected] Home Built 22 July 16th 05 08:21 AM
pilots refuse to fly with gun loons onboard nick Piloting 296 January 9th 04 08:08 PM