I wonder if Chris Thomas is a real pilot? Anybody know?

Old August 23rd 04, 04:54 AM
Richard Lamb

John Kunkel wrote:

To quote a sixties antiwar slogan "Suppose they gave a war and nobody came".

A more appropriate slogan nowadays might be "Suppose they gave an election
and nobody came".

touche'
Old August 23rd 04, 07:35 AM
Del Rawlins

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 23:08:24 -0400, "Stan Kap"
wrote:
"Del Rawlins" wrote in message
On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 08:13:32 -0700, "C J Campbell"
wrote:

OK. Here we have a guy who received two of his Purple Hearts for self
inflicted wounds, left one of his buddies for dead while fleeing an
imaginary attack and only went back for him when another boat turned
back, by his own admission killed a baby and committed other war crimes, went
home and disgraced the medals he is now so proud of, betrayed everyone else
who served in Vietnam by appearing before the Fulbright Commission and
claiming that everyone who served there was a war criminal and baby killer (speak
for yourself, John!)

Yup. Either Kerry told the truth and should be prosecuted for war
crimes, or he lied and should be prosecuted for perjury.

Bush is an idiot, period.

Stan K.

Yes, Stank, I stand in awe of the profound logic contained within your
rebuttal. I can see the Court TV coverage now:

Judge (to Kerry): On the charges of murder in the first degree, and
the other crimes against humanity, how do you plead?

Attorney for Kerry: Bush is an idiot. The defense rests.

Del Rawlins--
Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:
http://www.rawlinsbrothers.org/bhfaq/
Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply
Old August 23rd 04, 08:03 AM
PAW

"Jerry Springer" wrote in message
ink.net...
C J Campbell wrote:
Maybe we don't have a very good choice, but I think it is a real choice,

and
I for one will do everything in my power to prevent a Kerry presidency.

And I will do all in my power to keep him from becoming president also, I

cannot
believe that any veteran would vote for this back stabbing idiot of a

fool. This
jerk will give away this country. Maybe others want their kids answering

to the
UN commanders that cannot find their assholes with both hands let alone do
anything right.
If he wins may the power that is help us all.
His one lie about Christmas in Cambodia "seared" on his brain should be

enough
to throw up red flags about him.

Jerry (hate lying traitors) Springer

I'm a Vet (71-77) and I'm voting for Kerry. I'd rather have a man confused
about Cambodia than a man unable (or unwilling) to pass a simple UA. I also
have a terrible taste in my mouth over someone spitting on the taxpayers
(that flipped-the-bill for his flight training) by tossed this 'gift' in the
trash. George Bush, at best, is a punk!

Phil

Old August 23rd 04, 08:09 AM
PAW

"RobertR237" wrote in message

You don't mind deserters from the tayksucks ANG though. Cowards are
more your type?

The democratic party rendered a candidate's military service or lack
thereof a non issue when they nominated Clinton.

Now there is a statement that totally defines my stance on the current or

any
future reference to the military service of any presidential candidate.

The
democratic party gave up the right to any claim on the military service of
their party's candidates when they nominated and elected Clinton. To now

try
and push Kerry as more qualified simply because he "served" in Viet Nam

while
Bush remained stateside is the height of hypocracy. Kerry's constant

reference
to his service record is two strikes against him in my eyes.

I am ****ed as hell at Bush but Kerry's voting record in the Senate is a
greater fear to me than four more years of Bush. I only wish there has

been an
honest choice for President this year.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

There was. It was four years ago when the Republican party allowed GW Bush &
Co. to drag his name through the mud.

Phil Williamson

Old August 23rd 04, 08:50 AM
Barnyard BOb -

I am ****ed as hell at Bush but Kerry's voting record in the Senate is a
greater fear to me than four more years of Bush. I only wish there has

been an
honest choice for President this year.

Bob Reed

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Bob, Bob, Bob -

If being ****ed is therapeutic,
go for it.

If fear is your bag,
go for it.

Wishing for an honest choice???
Ask for an honest politician while your at it.

Barnyard BOb -
To ascertain if a politician is lying....
Check to see if his lips are moving,
Old August 23rd 04, 11:30 AM
Darrel Toepfer

Del Rawlins wrote:

About all that I saw at those sites was a lack of confirmation of the
specific events in the story, but plenty of confirmation that the
story fits in well with Kerry's typical behavior.

Yep...

A Switchboard search shows 100+ listings for a Chris Thomas. To narrow
that down a bit, a FAA registration search shows a Chris Thomas as an
aircraft owner of a Beech 23 in Ohio. There are 4 CHRISTOPHER Thomas's
that own aircraft, they seem to favor 172's 3 to 1 and all live near
water, except for one...
Old August 23rd 04, 01:46 PM
Matt

I heard about some country where it was required to vote, it was the

law. Don't know where it was, though...

Well Belgium is that country. I think their turnout is about 98-99% you
get fined if you don't vote. I think it's a great idea. We should make a
tax penalty for not voting in ANY election. Even though I din't serve in
military I think it or public office service should be mandatory and the
pay and perks of our "servants" should be reduced to "realistic" amounts.
None of this will happen until the masses start doing their jobs as
residents of the state. I used to pay my employees to vote, they had to
vote on their time or mine but they had to vote. I don't care for whom
they voted for but they had to do it.
I better stop before I get my momentum up

bd4matt
Old August 23rd 04, 03:05 PM
RobertR237

wrote:

[...]

My first thought when I read a statement such as "Bush is an idiot, period"
is...If Bush is such an Idiot and you are so damn smart, why aren't you the
President?

Old August 23rd 04, 03:10 PM
Matt Whiting

C J Campbell wrote:

"Blueskies" wrote in message
m...

I heard about some country where it was required to vote, it was the law.

Don't know where it was, though...

The Soviet Union. Actually, this is or was a feature of life under several
totalitarian regimes. The government derives its sense of legitimacy from
rigged elections requiring 100% turnout.

And not only do you vote, but they tell you who to vote for! Just like
Chicago...

Matt

Pilot Error? Is it Mr. Damron? Badwater Bill Home Built 3 June 23rd 04 04:05 PM
sport pilot humor Occom Home Built 0 April 9th 04 04:22 PM
Single-Seat Accident Records (Was BD-5B) Ron Wanttaja Home Built 41 November 20th 03 05:39 AM
Effect of Light Sport on General Aviation Gilan Home Built 17 September 24th 03 06:11 AM