Curtis Aircraft Company in New Jersey

Old August 5th 07, 05:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
AJ

Default Curtis Aircraft Company in New Jersey

Can anyone tell me which town was host to Curtis Aircraft in New
Jersey? I'd appreciate any information.

AJ

Old August 5th 07, 06:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
R. Gardner

Don't believe it was! Curtis was in Hammondsport, NY at the South tip of
one of the Finger Lakes. Near several large Wineries
oups.com...

Old August 5th 07, 09:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Roy Smith

In article ,
"R. Gardner" wrote:

Don't believe it was! Curtis was in Hammondsport, NY at the South tip of
one of the Finger Lakes. Near several large Wineries
"AJ" wrote in message
oups.com...
Can anyone tell me which town was host to Curtis Aircraft in New
Jersey? I'd appreciate any information.

AJ

When I used to be based at KCDW (Caldwell, NJ), people used to talk about
the old name of the airport being Curtis-Wright Field.
Old August 5th 07, 11:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

AJ wrote in news:1186332579.466263.234060
@b79g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

Can anyone tell me which town was host to Curtis Aircraft in New
Jersey? I'd appreciate any information.

I don't think any of the original Curtiss company had anyhting in NJ, but I
think it's love child with Wright had a few different plants there.
Woodrige, IIRC

Bertie

Old August 7th 07, 02:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

"pgbnh" wrote in
:

I will cast one vote for Curtiss Wright being in Teterboro, NJ

They became huge after Wrigth acquired Curtiss and I think they were all
over the map after the merger. Still are, really, just not under the name
Curtiss Wright.

Old August 7th 07, 02:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
R. Gardner

Ok you all got me wondering!
A search reveals he was from Hammondsport NY, It appears the first factories
were in Buffalo and in Southern California. My quick look turned up no
referance to NJ but with war production both WWI an II there may have been.
The first Jenny I believe came out of Hammondsport tho!

Ron Gardner
. ..

Old August 7th 07, 03:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote
They became huge after Wrigth acquired Curtiss and I think they were all
over the map after the merger. Still are, really, just not under the name
Curtiss Wright.

What name are they under, at present?
--
Jim in NC

Old August 7th 07, 03:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Don Tuite

"pgbnh" wrote in message
I will cast one vote for Curtiss Wright being in Teterboro, NJ
"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .
AJ wrote in news:1186332579.466263.234060
@b79g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

Can anyone tell me which town was host to Curtis Aircraft in New
Jersey? I'd appreciate any information.

I don't think any of the original Curtiss company had anyhting in NJ, but
think it's love child with Wright had a few different plants there.
Woodrige, IIRC

We're not thinking of Bendix at Teterboro, are we?

Don

Old August 7th 07, 12:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

"Morgans" wrote in
:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote
They became huge after Wrigth acquired Curtiss and I think they were
all over the map after the merger. Still are, really, just not under
the name Curtiss Wright.

What name are they under, at present?

Oops, still Curtiss Wright. I thought they had been buried in GD, but I was
mistaken.

Bertie