Al Gore's Private Jet

Old April 6th 07, 07:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Al Gore's Private Jet

On Apr 5, 4:38 pm, Matt Whiting wrote:
The real issue though isn't the size of the house, it is the hypocrisy
that Gore represents and that Bush does not. Gore is the one crying
wolf and telling us how we have to change our lifestyle in order to
"save the world" all while doing completely the opposite personally. I
haven't heard Bush making such claims.

Well Matt, you're quite incorrect. Please get yourself informed.

Gore isn't telling you to go live in a cave.

He's telling you that all of us need to take responsibility for the
amount of CO2 that we pump into the atmosphere. That's all. It's
just that simple. If you want New York (or Galveston, or Miami, or
Shanghai or...) to be above water a hundred years from now, you need
to reduce the amount of CO2 (and methane, and other greenhouse gases)
that you pump into the atmosphere by way of your existence.

If you want to be a pineapple farmer in British Columbia 50 years from
now (just a slight exaggeration), then just keep doing what you're
doing.

Get it? Got it? Good. Aviation-free, sorry about that.

-Jay-

Old April 6th 07, 11:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Fri, 06 Apr 2007 03:57:54 GMT, Orval Fairbairn
wrote in
:

In article ,
Larry Dighera wrote:

On Thu, 5 Apr 2007 18:05:24 -0700, "Aluckyguess" wrote in
:

The whole global warming thing in my opinion is a hoax.

You need to inform yourself. Have you seen Gore's movie yet?

I have seen parts of it. He reminds me of those "infomercial" guys on
late-night TV pitching slicer/dicers.

Be that as it may, it is difficult to refute the fact that the climate
is warming when faced with overwhelming facts that support that
contention. I don't believe anyone is able to refute that.

Old April 6th 07, 11:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message

Be that as it may, it is difficult to refute the fact that the climate
is warming when faced with overwhelming facts that support that
contention. I don't believe anyone is able to refute that.

I've heard nobody trying to refute that fact. What's being refuted is the
claim that human activity is the primary cause of global warming.

Old April 6th 07, 12:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jon Kraus

What a load of unsubstantiated crap by another sky-is-falling Chicken
Little type. Your scare tactics are typical of the far-left but any
knowledgeable person knows the truth.

Were you also screaming about the coming Ice Age back in the 70's? My
guess is you weren't even born yet.

Jon

Old April 6th 07, 01:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
kontiki

Jon Kraus wrote:

What a load of unsubstantiated crap by another sky-is-falling Chicken
Little type. Your scare tactics are typical of the far-left but any
knowledgeable person knows the truth.

Were you also screaming about the coming Ice Age back in the 70's? My
guess is you weren't even born yet.

Jon

Congress will just pass a law against global warming hahahhhaaa...
that'll stop it. hehe

The fact is, that all things in the universe grow old and die.
Unless you can control the population (which you can't) and the
sun (which you can't) you will only bankrupt the American
economy in the end trying to change the world... an impossibility.

Old April 6th 07, 01:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
kontiki

Larry Dighera wrote:

Be that as it may, it is difficult to refute the fact that the climate
is warming when faced with overwhelming facts that support that
contention. I don't believe anyone is able to refute that.

and evisence indicates the planet Mars is warming also.

What amazes me is that significant numbers of people in this
country believe that congress can legislatively control the
climate of the planet or the output of the sun.

It demonstrates what losers this country has for leaders.

Old April 6th 07, 01:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Don Tabor

On 5 Apr 2007 23:23:08 -0700, wrote:

It's
just that simple. If you want New York (or Galveston, or Miami, or
Shanghai or...) to be above water a hundred years from now, you need
to reduce the amount of CO2 (and methane, and other greenhouse gases)
that you pump into the atmosphere by way of your existence.

Read the IPCC working group 1 technical summary available at
Junkscience.com The Summary for Policy Makers was written by
bureaucrats and does not reflect the document produced by the
scientists.

The worst case sea level rise for the next 100 years is 17 inches. The
worst case over thousands of years is about 40 inches. We can build a
four foot levee pretty reliably of we need to.

More than that would require melting of the Greenland Central Ice
Sheet (20ft) and the Antarctic Ice Sheets (200 ft) but those would
require temperature rises of about 70 degrees F and no model predicts
more than 11 degrees. Even at those temperatures, it would take
thousands of years to melt the Ice Sheets.

What we really can expect over the next few hundred years is a return
to the temperatures we experienced in the Medieval Warm Period from
about 1000 AD to 1400 AD, otherwise known as the Renaissance and the
Age of Discovery, during which long growing seasons and mild winters
allowed man to prosper and build great civilizations.

Oh, the horror.

Don
Old April 6th 07, 01:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Don Tabor

On Fri, 06 Apr 2007 03:57:54 GMT, Orval Fairbairn
wrote:

In article ,
Larry Dighera wrote:

On Thu, 5 Apr 2007 18:05:24 -0700, "Aluckyguess" wrote in
:

The whole global warming thing in my opinion is a hoax.

You need to inform yourself. Have you seen Gore's movie yet?

I have seen parts of it. He reminds me of those "infomercial" guys on
late-night TV pitching slicer/dicers.

There's a much better one available from the BBC Channel 4 available
on YouTube and Google Video's

"The Great Global Warming Swindle"

It sets the record straight on a lot of Gore's claims

Don
Old April 6th 07, 01:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
kontiki

Larry Dighera wrote:

Regardless, it would seem that the climate is warming now, and it
would behoove us ALL to do what we can to reduce the speed with which
that is occurring.

Okay, so what do you propose? That we all pay a 'carbon tax' ?
How is giving government even more of our hard earned money gonna
change the climate of the earth? What has government done that makes
you believe it would do any good?

Ya want government to legistlate and control our lives in an attempt
somehow control the temperature of the earth? What about other
countries... are we going to attack and conquer them and MAKE them
stop producing babies?

The US population is small compared to the rest of the world,
and our economy is mature compared to theirs which is growing rapidly.

Stop being so anal and enjoy your life... everyone is gonna die
eventually.
Old April 6th 07, 02:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose

It's about the same as going to confession, confessing your sins, then
paying a "donation" to the Church. It allows one to sin as much as he
wants, as long as he donates to the "franchise."

No, it's different in several important ways.

1: There is no heaven or hell.

2: There are no other sinners on the recieving end who are prevented or
dissuaded from sinning by dint of getting the donation. All the money
is simply collected by the church.

3: "Sins" do not pollute and build up in the environment, at least not
in the same way as material pollution.

The point of carbon credits is that the person receiving the credit
(money) will use it to modernize their (already polluting) system so it
pollutes less, enough to offset the gains elsewhere. All human (and
animal, for that matter) activities pollute, and it's more efficient to
reduce the total at some places than others. This system reduces the
total pollution.

At least that's the idea, and it's sound. Whether in exeution it works
out that way is another question, one which I have not researched.

Jose
--
Get high on gasoline: fly an airplane.

Spoof on Gore's movie has cool av scenes R.L. Piloting 0 May 25th 06 01:33 PM
Spoof on Gore's movie has cool av scenes R.L. Aerobatics 0 May 25th 06 01:33 PM
WTD:private pilot dvd course orange Owning 0 May 10th 06 05:46 AM
Private Exam Slick Piloting 8 December 3rd 04 04:27 AM
Private air strip..... yes or no??? Wdtabor Piloting 81 February 15th 04 08:15 AM