Cambridge GPS-Nav Model 20

Old February 29th 08, 01:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Cambridge GPS-Nav Model 20

Gary is usually very good with returning calls and e-mail.
Received e-mail from him on Friday, but this week the phone just
rings.

Maybe I can shed a little light on this thread. The Cambridge staff
is very small... I think 3 people. Gary went to the convention and
for various reasons people have been out this week. I don't know why
but they don't have an answering machine! I have it on good authority
that Gary will be in tomorrow for sure. Drop him an email or give him
a call if you need something.

Reb
Old February 29th 08, 03:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Feb 28, 4:39*pm, JS wrote:
Gary is usually very good with returning calls and e-mail.
Received e-mail from him on Friday, but this week the phone just
rings.
Jim

Agreed. Gary is very responsive.
Old February 29th 08, 03:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Fred[_4_]

On Feb 28, 9:35 pm, wrote:
On Feb 28, 4:39 pm, JS wrote:

Gary is usually very good with returning calls and e-mail.
Received e-mail from him on Friday, but this week the phone just
rings.
Jim

Agreed. Gary is very responsive.

If you will notice, my original email at the top was written at 10:20
pm and Gary answered it at 11:01 pm the same day, I would call that
very quick response.

Fred
Old February 29th 08, 04:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Todd

I sent an email yesterday afternoon and received a reply today for
some additional work to be performed on my GPS-NAV (replace battery
with certification). I realize that they are a small company and I
hope they are busy making money, so I accept some reasonable delay in
communications.

I trust these guys to be reasonable and fair, so when I send them
work, I include a not exceed authorization to complete the repairs
with payment and return shipping information . That saves all the
extra communications and makes life easier for me and I am certain for
them too! If we were up flying, we would call this planning and
situational awareness. Great skills that also work on the ground.

Old March 1st 08, 06:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

On Feb 29, 8:48 am, Todd wrote:

I trust these guys to be reasonable and fair

That they always have been, which is why I've owned at various times
2 S-NAVs, an L-NAV, 2 GPS-NAVs, 2 302s and 2 303s plus some real
antiques. First time I visited Sugarbush, noticed among many others an
e-mail from me on the shop wall thanking them for their customer
service.
As Reb said, Gary was in yesterday. When I called my vario was
singing on the bench. He apologised, said it was a busy week, and the
front office had been out.
Film at 11.
Jim
Old March 2nd 08, 03:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Feb 28, 12:31Â*pm, " wrote:
On Feb 28, 2:54�pm, JS wrote:

� A dozen calls to CAI with no answer this week, no message....
Maybe those of us with instruments currently in for repair need to
look elsewhere?
Jim

This might help, they just worked on my 302 (lose needle).

R-Track Technologies, Inc. Â* Â*Memphis, Tenn.
Jerry Kammerer
901-382-1352
662-280-7610

I don't know all the politics involved, but I found them thru
Cambridge old number, which I believe has now been discontinued. They
replaced a 302 dislocated needle and re-secured the unit , mid January
08. Last year, they overhauled and re-certified my back-up M-25
datalogger. All of this was done at a very fair price and very quick
turn around.

Hey guys;

If you checked the Cambridge web site you would have all your
questions answered.

No politics involved, just a change of address, see below:

Aerodyne

IMPORTANT NEWS!

February 2007:
We've Moved!

We will begin the process of moving on Monday, January 29 and expect
to be back in service by Monday, February 11. During this time, we
will be unable to perform bench repairs and will have limited
capability to respond to phone and internet inquiries.

As you know, the SSA convention is in Memphis, beginning on Friday,
February 8 and we will be on hand, looking forward to seeing all of
you who attend.

Our new business address is:

Cambridge Aero Instruments
c/o R-Track Technologies, Inc.
6047 Executive Centre Drive
Suite 1
Memphis, TN 38134

Our new Phone Numbers will be:

Ph: (901)382-1352
Fax: (901)382-1351

The switch over date for the phone numbers is 2/5/07, with call
forwarding provided for a period of time after that.

Mail, FedEx, UPS and DHL deliveries can be received at our Executive
Centre address beginning 2/5/07.

Arthur Chapman
General Manager

Old March 2nd 08, 10:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi,

Actually, the data below regarding the move is from 2007, not 2008.

Paul Remde

wrote in message
On Feb 28, 12:31 pm, " wrote:
On Feb 28, 2:54?pm, JS wrote:

? A dozen calls to CAI with no answer this week, no message....
Maybe those of us with instruments currently in for repair need to
look elsewhere?
Jim

This might help, they just worked on my 302 (lose needle).

R-Track Technologies, Inc. Memphis, Tenn.