ChicagoLand Glider Council Seminar - Feb 21, 2015

Old November 5th 14, 03:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Six-Seven

Default ChicagoLand Glider Council Seminar - Feb 21, 2015

The ChicagoLand Glider Council is hosting the 6th bi-annual Midwest Soaring and Safety Seminar on Saturday, February 21st, 2015, 8AM to 5PM. Nationally known speakers will cover topics of safety, racing, competition, gear, and gliders.

The cost of this Seminar is being partially underwritten by the ChicagoLand Glider Council's membership to keep the cost reasonable and to allow as many pilots as possible to attend. Breakfast, lunch and snacks are provided!

Do you have a topic that you might want to have considered
for our seminar? Please contact me directly!

See http://chicagolandglidercouncil.com/seminar for sign up details and more information.

Thank you,
John DeRosa
Secretary, ChicagoLand Glider Council
john at derosaweb.com
Old November 13th 14, 01:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Six-Seven Romeo

Default ChicagoLand Glider Council Seminar - Feb 21, 2015 - Speakers

We are lining up our speakers for this seminar and have a few already scheduled. More details forthcoming.

But we continue to look for a few more good men or women as speakers. Do you have something to say? We are especially looking for a speaker on the critical subject of soaring safety. Please contact me directly.

john at derosaweb.com
Old November 13th 14, 04:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi John,

I recommend that you try to find a local pilot that flew at one of the Nephi
soaring events last year. Dick Andrews (MN soaring pilots) gave a nice talk
at a soaring club meeting recently. But I suspect that he'll be too busy
getting ready to fly in the Seniors contest to speak at your great event.
Another thought would be to try to get Bruno Vassel to come and speak about
the Nephi events last year and this coming year. He's a great guy. I have
no idea if he'd be interested in in coming to Chicago in February though...

Best Regards,

Paul Remde

john at derosaweb.com

Old November 13th 14, 09:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Six-Seven Romeo

Paul - Funny you should mention Nephi. Bruno Vassel will be one of our speakers and is very excited to be presenting.
Old November 14th 14, 02:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Cool! I'm looking forward to it!

Paul

Old November 24th 14, 04:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Six-Seven Romeo

Currently scheduled topics for the ChicagoLand Glider Council Seminar;

- Soaring Safety
- Soaring Out West
- Soaring Out East
- Winching (not Wenching)
- Soaring Electronics

http://chicagolandglidercouncil.com/seminar

Please sign up now! Thanks.

Topics subject to change without notice. Sorry 'bout that.

Old November 24th 14, 06:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, November 24, 2014 9:20:35 AM UTC-7, Six-Seven Romeo wrote:
Currently scheduled topics for the ChicagoLand Glider Council Seminar;

- Soaring Safety
- Soaring Out West
- Soaring Out East
- Winching (not Wenching)
- Soaring Electronics

http://chicagolandglidercouncil.com/seminar

Please sign up now! Thanks.

Topics subject to change without notice. Sorry 'bout that.

- John DeRosa
Secretary, ChicagoLand Glider Council

Are you guys going to stream or podcast this?
Old January 8th 15, 08:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Six-Seven Romeo

We have confirmed our speakers for the upcoming seminar.

Morning Topic #1 - Soaring out East [Michael Higgins]
Morning Topic #2 - Soaring Safety [Ron Ridenour]
Lunch - Soaring Electronics & Avionics [Paul Remde - Cumulus Soaring]
Afternoon Topic #1 - Electric Motorgliders [Paul Randall - Pipistrel]
Afternoon Topic #2 - Soaring out West [Bruno Vassel]

Continental breakfast, lunch and afternoon snacks are included in the price. See http://chicagolandglidercouncil.com/seminar for sign up details and more information. See you there!

john at derosaweb.com

Old February 17th 15, 12:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Six-Seven Romeo

OK. This is the final reminder of this event. The time is nigh. The last call is now. The bell tolls. The jig is up. The train is leaving the station. The boat is setting sail. The sands of time are flowing. Its crunch time. Its 4th and long. Its the bottom of the 9th. The clock is ticking. It's never too late. The brave never give up. The battle is joined. IT'S FINAL GLIDE TIME!!

See http://chicagolandglidercouncil.com/seminar full details.

See you there!
Old February 17th 15, 01:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
richard wilkening

On Monday, February 16, 2015 at 6:20:43 PM UTC-6, Six-Seven Romeo wrote:
OK. This is the final reminder of this event. The time is nigh. The last call is now. The bell tolls. The jig is up. The train is leaving the station. The boat is setting sail. The sands of time are flowing. Its crunch time. Its 4th and long. Its the bottom of the 9th. The clock is ticking. It's never too late. The brave never give up. The battle is joined.. IT'S FINAL GLIDE TIME!!

See http://chicagolandglidercouncil.com/seminar full details.

See you there!

I really wanted to come but have been offered (drafted) grandparent duties this weekend. Perhaps next year :l