Cambridge 302 and GPS-NAV owners – IMPORTANT NEWS

Old November 26th 14, 02:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

Default Cambridge 302 and GPS-NAV owners - IMPORTANT NEWS

News from ClearNav Instruments...

The Garmin GPS date problem in C-302 can be repaired, if no other issues are present, for $180 + shipping/handling.

Barograph calibration, if required, would be $60 additional.

All other repairs are subject to $350 flat rate, include calibration and 1 year warranty.

See http://www.clearnav.net/main/cn-service.html

Best regards,
Evan Ludeman for CNi

Old November 26th 14, 02:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

I added an area for CAI 302 owners over on the ClearNav discussion board. There's a whole lot of nothing there right now, but 302 owners may feel free to sign up and utilize this area for mutual support. I have around 600 flight hours on the 302 system and still have one in my own ship (it makes a good backup :-)), so if nothing else, you've got me. Advantages vs r.a.s. may or may not be of value to anyone, the "market", as usual, can make that decision.

http://clearnav.net/simplemachinesforum/index.php

best regards,

Evan Ludeman for CNi
Old November 27th 14, 05:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
CLewis95

For anyone keeping score ..
I powered up my (3) GPS/NAV Model 20's .. All said UTC 04/12/95.

Curt - 95
Old November 28th 14, 04:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Curt,

Please make sure they have a lock on satellites before checking the date.
The green light blinks when the unit has a lock on satellites.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
_______________________

Old November 28th 14, 04:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

Correction on my group. Test 10, 7 failed.

For those keeping score, failed serial numbers from my group (Model 20 unless otherwise stated):
C0H5
C1SJ (Model 25)
C1ER
0418 (Model 25)
0205
C0ZN
C0DD

Good:
C0GZ
0327
0440

Have two more I might be able to check today.
Old November 28th 14, 05:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
CLewis95

yep .. I waited until each had solid lock.

Old November 28th 14, 07:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter von Tresckow

CLewis95 wrote:
yep .. I waited until each had solid lock.

Looms like I'm batting .500. The model 20 is fine but the volkslogger is
firmly in the 1990s :-(

Pete
Old November 30th 14, 01:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

Finally got a chance to pull my glider out and test the 302 today. I don't have a 303 anymore and use the 302 as my backup logger and vario so don't look at the files very often.

Using the Cambridge Utility on my iPAQ, I checked the files and there were files from July through September showing, but my last two flights in October and November were not listed at all.

I switched over to ConnectMe and it did not show all the flights back to July, but did show two flights from 1995, not a good sign.

If you are checking the files use ConnectMe to look for the miss dated files, you may not see them with the Cambridge utility program.

Old November 30th 14, 10:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
HGXC[_2_]

On Saturday, November 29, 2014 8:36:23 PM UTC-5, Tim Taylor wrote:
Finally got a chance to pull my glider out and test the 302 today. I don't have a 303 anymore and use the 302 as my backup logger and vario so don't look at the files very often.

Using the Cambridge Utility on my iPAQ, I checked the files and there were files from July through September showing, but my last two flights in October and November were not listed at all.

I switched over to ConnectMe and it did not show all the flights back to July, but did show two flights from 1995, not a good sign.

If you are checking the files use ConnectMe to look for the miss dated files, you may not see them with the Cambridge utility program.

Mine 30checks out OK for now its COJH and I don't know how old it is. What should I be doing...plug iy\t in every few weeks? send it out even if its ok?

Any way I can find out its age?

Dennis
Old December 4th 14, 02:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Kinsell[_2_]

On Sun, 30 Nov 2014 14:12:07 -0800, HGXC wrote:

Mine 30checks out OK for now its COJH and I don't know how old it is.
What should I be doing...plug iy\t in every few weeks? send it out even
if its ok?

I don't see much future in the recharge-frequently option. Once
batteries start to fail, they go downhill rapidly.

If you intend to use it long-term, I'd say go ahead and send it in.

If anyone missed the richard@craggyaero posting recently, it has lots of
good info on any logger using the Garmin GPS25 module.