A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

2015 Aviation Summer Camp?

Old January 11th 15, 06:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
CindyB[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default 2015 Aviation Summer Camp?

"Can anyone recommend an aviation summer camp (does not have to be in Texas) or summer experience for William? There are so many out there, but many are very basic. He's learned so much with SCOH and so much on his own that I don't want him to be bored. He has such a strong interest in aviation, especially helicopters, that I'm hoping to find something to further educate and motivate him. Any thoughts/ideas would be awesome!"

Think -- Santa Barbara Soaring !

We ran a nine day camp in 2014, intended to promote beginner to solo, or
frustrated student to solo, and had the 16yr and 63 yr old students both make rock solid solo flights at the end. We expect the 16 yr old back for a week at spring break here in a few weeks - to refresh and re-solo and work toward his rating.

We will know our Spring camp dates by Jan 15th. We wish to fill two summer camps of four trainees each, one from June 13-21 and one July 11-19, 2015.
There are plenty of alternatives for reasonable housing in motels, or camping permitted on the airfield. For youth, we can ferry them around for meals and
to housing. Student certificates easily arranged. Checkrides can be had with one or two DPEs.

Bring the family and turn them loose on the beach or the USFS or the wineries and shopping. Biking, equestriennes or music scene, this area has it all.

SBS has great rates on rentals and tows. Simple clean equipment. Email us to book your camp dates or to ask more questions. Custom camps available for two or more.

Cindy B
sbsoaring at yahoodotcom

Old January 11th 15, 10:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
RV8JD
external usenet poster

Default 2015 Aviation Summer Camp?

On Thursday, January 8, 2015 at 8:33:00 AM UTC-8, discus277 wrote:
On Wednesday, January 7, 2015 6:51:10 PM UTC-5, V1 wrote:
Caesar Creek Soaring Club in Waynesville, Ohio has been doing a Youth Soaring Camp lasting about 5 or 6 days usually about 2nd week in July for many years...Usually about 20 kids camp there for a week. It gets rave reviews from parents and Kids alike....

Contact info on this web page

http://soar-ccsc.com/?page_id=1509

Great video. Brought back a lot of nice memories. I towed and instructed at SSD/CCSC during my last couple of college years and Grad school in the middle 70s. Makes me almost want to move back to that area.