After 46 years, I can finally say that I am no longer a studentglider pilot

Old January 9th 15, 06:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default After 46 years, I can finally say that I am no longer a studentglider pilot

Don Grillo shares
http://www.ssa.org/MemberBlogs?show=blog&id=3824
Old January 9th 15, 11:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Friday, January 9, 2015 at 1:31:54 AM UTC-5, Frank Whiteley wrote:
Don Grillo shares
http://www.ssa.org/MemberBlogs?show=blog&id=3824

Cool article. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

lane
Old January 9th 15, 04:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Friday, January 9, 2015 at 4:00:13 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Friday, January 9, 2015 at 1:31:54 AM UTC-5, Frank Whiteley wrote:
Don Grillo shares
http://www.ssa.org/MemberBlogs?show=blog&id=3824

Cool article. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

lane

Hi Lane,

Many SSA members may not be aware that many sections of the SSA web site have their own RSS feeds. Without these, it is easy to miss such posts, or committee posts.

Frank Whiteley
Old January 9th 15, 05:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob T

On Thursday, January 8, 2015 at 11:31:54 PM UTC-7, Frank Whiteley wrote:
Don Grillo shares
http://www.ssa.org/MemberBlogs?show=blog&id=3824

Excellent article - great story. This would be a good one for Soaring Magazine, for all members to read, instead of just on the blog and RAS.
Old January 10th 15, 06:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
FreeFlight107

On Thursday, January 8, 2015 at 10:31:54 PM UTC-8, Frank Whiteley wrote:
Don Grillo shares
http://www.ssa.org/MemberBlogs?show=blog&id=3824

Frank,

I got my Glider rating in '95 and have owned 4 gliders now over the 20 years, and I still consider myself a "Student" as each season teaches more and more about about gliding and going cross country, this year I'm hoping to get my Gold badge in my 1-26D "Miss Betty Too" (I only need the 300km distance).

Wayne, the Jay Walker

PS I'm now 71 and still love the Joy of Soaring!
Old January 10th 15, 06:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Friday, January 9, 2015 at 11:07:48 PM UTC-7, FreeFlight107 wrote:
On Thursday, January 8, 2015 at 10:31:54 PM UTC-8, Frank Whiteley wrote:
Don Grillo shares
http://www.ssa.org/MemberBlogs?show=blog&id=3824

Frank,

I got my Glider rating in '95 and have owned 4 gliders now over the 20 years, and I still consider myself a "Student" as each season teaches more and more about about gliding and going cross country, this year I'm hoping to get my Gold badge in my 1-26D "Miss Betty Too" (I only need the 300km distance).

Wayne, the Jay Walker

PS I'm now 71 and still love the Joy of Soaring!

Good for you Wayne.

Frank Whiteley
Old January 10th 15, 03:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

On Friday, January 9, 2015 at 1:31:54 AM UTC-5, Frank Whiteley wrote:
Don Grillo shares
http://www.ssa.org/MemberBlogs?show=blog&id=3824

Great article! Don is a great guy! Don bought my Lak17a, F2 this fall so we spent a great deal of time together. He is planning on coming to the Ionia OLC event this spring. I will make a point of flying to Adrian on one of the days with Don. Ill try to get a photo of him over the field!!!