A Random Comment

Old May 29th 10, 09:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
a[_3_]

Default A Random Comment

On May 22, 12:15*pm, "birdog" wrote:
Just got around to reviewing all the comments under "Simulators". I guess it
was inevitable that it ended up as disagreements with MX. While I don't want
to get involved with that dead end, I have had an experience that kind of
parallels.

As I mentioned before, after I lost my medical, I tried to stay close to
aviation (to no avail) by trying radio control and simulation. During my
brief sojurn in radio control, I joined a "flying" club that was quite
active. But more than a few radiologists, when they found out that I was a
licensed pilot, kinda sulled up - not actually defensive - just avoided me
as much as possible. I think they all wanted to be pilots, but for some
reason - finances (althought some of those models were more expensive than
some of our early planes), the wife, inertia, etc. I think the final straw
for me when I saw a picture in one of their magazines showing a modeler with
helmet, goggles and scarf, landing a model biplane.

I think this kinda helps explain MX.

I had a long ago pilot friend who owned a C 172. He was careful to
wear his 'pilot boots' and gloves when he flew (no goggles though).
That was one extreme. I might have been another -- many years ago I
traded safety pilot time for a guy working on his instrument rating
for him spending some time with me teaching aerobatics. At the time I
managed a group of professionals at a company a very short distance
from the airport. My guys would see me leave at noon with Jim, both of
us in our 'corporate uniforms' of suit jacket and tie. When we came
back an hour and a half later Jim would still look neat and
professional, I'd be a pale shade of green. sweated, tie askew,.shirt
wrinkled from the parachute straps, looking like I'd been beat up.
Now that I think about those days,I would not be surprised to learn if
a group member or two didn't conspire with Jim to end each session
with an outside or other negative G maneuver.
Old May 29th 10, 11:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark

On May 28, 10:47*pm, Dave wrote:

Full size pilots usually take LONGER to be comfortable *flying RC,

Full-sized pilots?

Wha chu talkin' bout Willis?

---
Mark
Old May 29th 10, 02:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On May 28, 9:47*pm, Dave wrote:

Full size pilots usually take LONGER to be comfortable *flying RC,
usually due to the lack of sensory inputs from stall, airspeed and
attitude indicators and their "butt". *The interpetation of speeds and
attitudes *all (and only) visually at a distance is difficult.

I have trained several to fly RC and there is some "unlearning"
involved.

And there are some that think that after several hundred hours in a
full size plane *this "toy" airplane should be a "no brainer" to
fly!...

BIG mistake!!

Yep, all the above applied to me. Fortunately my crash and burns
didn't require a second mortgage though part of the fun for me was the
construction.

What was even harder flying the durn thing was correlating control
inputs as mirror image when the plane was coming TOWARD me.

random-8.jpg Troy[_2_] Aviation Photos 0 August 29th 09 03:01 PM
Random Pic...B-47 Dr.Smith Aviation Photos 0 July 15th 09 02:59 AM
Random Pic....B-52D Dr.Smith Aviation Photos 5 June 10th 09 02:09 PM
jouer gratuit , comment devenir follement riche , jouer au monopolygratuitement en ligne , comment gagner l argent internet , jeux en lignegratuits , jeux gratuits , jouer gratuitement sims , comment devenir riche a, jouer gratuitement , gagner [email protected] Piloting 0 May 12th 09 11:37 AM
Random thoughts 2 Bill Daniels Soaring 6 September 1st 06 05:37 AM