Flarm picking up my transponder

Old April 23rd 20, 02:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Rob Cluxton[_2_]

Default Flarm picking up my transponder

I apologize in advance if this has been discussed befo

My PowerFlarm core (LX9000) is picking up my Mode-S transponder as traffic about a mile out, same altitude. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Rob Cluxton
4D
Old April 23rd 20, 03:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 9:10:51 AM UTC-4, Rob Cluxton wrote:
I apologize in advance if this has been discussed befo

My PowerFlarm core (LX9000) is picking up my Mode-S transponder as traffic about a mile out, same altitude. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Rob Cluxton
4D

Redo your configuration file.
UH
Old April 23rd 20, 04:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

On Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 7:56:11 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 9:10:51 AM UTC-4, Rob Cluxton wrote:
I apologize in advance if this has been discussed befo

My PowerFlarm core (LX9000) is picking up my Mode-S transponder as traffic about a mile out, same altitude. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Rob Cluxton
4D

Redo your configuration file.
UH

I am currently grounded, but my Alarm too is picking up my transponder and I have reconfigured several times to no avail. But I have not trouble shot beyond reloading config file.
Old April 23rd 20, 04:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]

On Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 8:30:42 AM UTC-7, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
On Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 7:56:11 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 9:10:51 AM UTC-4, Rob Cluxton wrote:
I apologize in advance if this has been discussed befo

My PowerFlarm core (LX9000) is picking up my Mode-S transponder as traffic about a mile out, same altitude. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Rob Cluxton
4D

Redo your configuration file.
UH

I am currently grounded, but my Alarm too is picking up my transponder and I have reconfigured several times to no avail. But I have not trouble shot beyond reloading config file.

Make sure you ICAC Mode S 6 digit code is correct in your PowerFlarm CFG. Check also all the other ADSB code lines for correctness. Try changing the code for PCAS range to 0 this turns off the PCAS.

Check your transponder for the correct ICAO code Mode S 6 digit code

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old April 23rd 20, 04:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Auxvache

Must have made for a long day on the ridge
Great flight
Old April 23rd 20, 05:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Rob Cluxton wrote on 4/23/2020 6:10 AM:
I apologize in advance if this has been discussed befo

My PowerFlarm core (LX9000) is picking up my Mode-S transponder as traffic about a mile out, same altitude. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Rob Cluxton
4D

If you don't get an answer from RAS, try the LXNav group at

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!fo...nav-user-group

Old April 23rd 20, 09:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

If you have powerflarm firmware ver 7.0 this is a known issue. Check flarm.com website to downgrade.
Regardless this is not an LXNav issue if you get alerts from your own transponder, it is a powerflarm issue.

Ramy
Old April 23rd 20, 10:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Ramy wrote on 4/23/2020 1:45 PM:
If you have powerflarm firmware ver 7.0 this is a known issue. Check flarm.com website to downgrade.
Regardless this is not an LXNav issue if you get alerts from your own transponder, it is a powerflarm issue.

Ramy

I thought he might have an internal PowerFlarm in his 9700, so the issue might be
addressed on the LXNav user group. There's been some Flarm discussion there.

Old April 23rd 20, 10:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Newport-Peace[_6_]

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA (change ".netto" to ".us" to email
me)

The LX Flarm-Mouse and Power-Mouse have Flarm Firmware, but the LX9000 has
LX Firmware.

Old April 24th 20, 12:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

Oh, I misunderstood that part as I don’t think this option is available for USA, but may be available elsewhere.

Ramy