Checklist

Old March 24th 08, 12:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk,alt.fan.karl-malden.nose
Dan[_10_]

Default Checklist

On Mar 23, 8:04 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dan wrote :

On Mar 23, 7:43 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dan wrote in
@e67g2000hsa.googlegroups.com:

On Mar 23, 6:21 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Well Bertie's bedside manner is less than optimal,

Beg your pardon. It's perfect.

No it's not.

Of coure it is. it does exactly as I intend. Therefore, it's perfect.

Bertie

Here's a new word to learn: Perception.

Here's an old one

**** off.

Oh that's two. Sorry to be starting you on such a sgteep learning curve
but there it is.

Bertie

Logging onto a newsgroup: $1
Typing on a Dell Laptop: $1250
Reading Bertie's Bedside manner posts: Priceless
Old March 24th 08, 12:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk,alt.fan.karl-malden.nose
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Dan wrote in
:

On Mar 23, 8:04 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dan wrote
innews:e922b9b2-bfff-40bf-894f-160061412413

@t54g2000hsg.googlegroups.c
om:

On Mar 23, 7:43 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Dan wrote in
@e67g2000hsa.googlegroups.com:

On Mar 23, 6:21 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Well Bertie's bedside manner is less than optimal,

Beg your pardon. It's perfect.

No it's not.

Of coure it is. it does exactly as I intend. Therefore, it's
perfect.

Bertie

Here's a new word to learn: Perception.

Here's an old one

**** off.

Oh that's two. Sorry to be starting you on such a sgteep learning
curve but there it is.

Bertie

Logging onto a newsgroup: $1

You pay to log ont usenet?

Typing on a Dell Laptop: $1250

You really are an idiot.

Reading Bertie's Bedside manner posts: Priceless

I already knew that too.

Bertie
Old March 24th 08, 01:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk,alt.fan.karl-malden.nose
Dan[_10_]

On Mar 23, 8:42 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Logging onto a newsgroup: $1

You pay to log ont usenet?

High speed access from home has a cost.

Is the internet access they provide you in The Home included in the
monthly fee?

Or is Medicare covering that?

:-)

Have a good night. I'll be back to taunt you a second time tomorrow.

Maybe you sahre his simemring uncertainity that if he's wrong, he's
made a huge mistake
Old March 24th 08, 01:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke[_2_]

"Dan" wrote:

Well Bertie's bedside manner is less than optimal, whenever he talks
about airplanes, I read with interest. Whenever you post, I recoil in
horror.

Hee-hee-hee!

Perfect.

LOL-of-the-day.

--
Dan
T-182T at BFM

Old March 24th 08, 03:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ken S. Tucker

On Mar 23, 3:10 pm, cavedweller wrote:
On Mar 23, 5:21 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Dan wrote in news:6f0109dd-4fb6-4b90-9e41-
:

On Mar 23, 4:27 pm, "Ken S. Tucker" wrote:
{diatribe sniped}
.
That's why he hides his phony identity.
Ken

Nah, he's hilarious.

Bertie

Yabbut, he mentioned Banshee. Hmmmmm....Canajun, ex-RCAF or
RCN....retired. My taxpayer dime.

Have a look at the Banshee Trivia here,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F2H_Banshee#Trivia
Ken
PS:Shooting down Bertie would be good sport if
here wasn't a dang turkey.
Old March 24th 08, 12:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
cavedweller

On Mar 23, 11:48 pm, "Ken S. Tucker" wrote:

Yabbut, he mentioned Banshee. Hmmmmm....Canajun, ex-RCAF or
RCN....retired. My taxpayer dime.

Have a look at the Banshee Trivia here,http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F2H_Banshee#Trivia

Aw, do you mean you had to look it up and didn't know it already?

Ken
PS:Shooting down Bertie would be good sport if
here wasn't a dang turkey.

That's up to you but I wish you wouldn't sound like the village idiot
while you do it.

Old March 24th 08, 04:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Mar 21, 6:51 pm, "Bob F." wrote:
I think I know. In the mid '70s sometime, I was giving a BFR to a guy in an
Arrow. Just before rotation and liftoff, he quickly reached over and
flipped up the gear lever. It was so quick, I was petrified an hypnotized
at the same time. After we got out out of the area I asked him in a real
stern voice, "What did you just do!". He explained how the squat switch
worked, like I didn't know, an continued to tell me how he likes to get that
all out of the way so he can concentrate on reducing MAP and RPM, turning,
etc. This guy was doing this for the last 200 hours in his Arrow. We
continued the discussion when we got on the ground. I also changed my
behavior to always be ready for the hand coming over with any pilot in a
retract gear airplane. I happened so quick.

So many OWTs that get the "average" pilot into trouble.
Relying on the squat switch to keep the gear down is one of the
stupider ways to wreck a good airplane. On the Cessna single retracts,
the squat switch is on the nosegear, since the mains are spring tubes
and there's no relative movement to use to activate a microswitch. The
nosegear strut closes the switch when it's extended, and since these
oleos are known to get sticky, the switch can be closed with the
airplane on the ground. Sitting still. With the engine off. They are
often closed immediately after landing in the rollout, especially on
the 182RG, whose mains are farther forward and an aft CG will keep the
strut extended. The nosegear retracts forward and will do so with
incredible speed with any amount of weight at all on it. We have a
rule that the pilot doesn't touch the flaps until he's stopped, since
some can get the flap and gear levers mixed up, especially while still
rolling and their attention is divided. We've had a couple of close
calls with that.
You can count on spending many AMUs if you retract that
nosegear on the ground, whether the engine is running or not. A
running drop is just much more expensive. Fooling with the gear lever
while on the ground is just plain stupid, as is ignoring the checklist
item that demands that you make sure the lever is down before you
switch on the master.
In the flight training industry we hear of such dumb things
all the time.

Dan

Old March 24th 08, 04:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ken S. Tucker

On Mar 24, 4:47 am, cavedweller wrote:
On Mar 23, 11:48 pm, "Ken S. Tucker" wrote:

Yabbut, he mentioned Banshee. Hmmmmm....Canajun, ex-RCAF or
RCN....retired. My taxpayer dime.

Have a look at the Banshee Trivia here,http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F2H_Banshee#Trivia

Aw, do you mean you had to look it up and didn't know it already?

Of course I didn't know. I did a search, *Banshee kneeling*.
Don't need a brain to be a genius if you have the internet.

Ken
PS:Shooting down Bertie would be good sport if
she wasn't a dang turkey.

That's up to you but I wish you wouldn't sound like the village idiot
while you do it.

Well I don't like talking down to Bertie.
Ken

Checklist use Private Piloting 2 February 12th 08 08:25 PM
747-100 Checklist Bartscher General Aviation 0 December 18th 04 07:20 PM
Checklist 101 (was How Low to Spin?? stephanevdv Soaring 2 September 7th 04 12:41 AM
C-180 100 hr checklist ConchyJoe Owning 1 May 3rd 04 11:53 PM
Checklist binder? dougdrivr Restoration 0 November 5th 03 03:55 PM