LXNAV S100 calibration and firmware question

Old May 23rd 19, 08:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
vtcyclist

Default LXNAV S100 calibration and firmware question

I have an S100. I want to calibrate it and have removed it from the glider.. We’ve put it in the calibration chamber, but are not having any luck getting it to record a flight without the gps recognizing movement. Ideas?

Second. I’ve updated firmware before without issues. This time, the file is on the MicroSD, inserted into the slot, the S100 recognizes the update file and asks for “Update?”. I select with lower knob, and press/click to update. The screen goes dark and then stays off. When I restart the instrument, it asks if I want to update. Ideas?

Thanks.
Old May 23rd 19, 09:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ron Gleason

Send to Richard at Craggy Aero http://craggyaero.com/

Old May 23rd 19, 09:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
vtcyclist

Ron. Thanks for the suggestion. At the top of Craggy’s LXNAV page is the warning not to download LXNAV files with an Apple product. That solves the firmware problem.
Old May 23rd 19, 10:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jp

On Thursday, May 23, 2019 at 1:15:26 PM UTC-7, vtcyclist wrote:
Ron. Thanks for the suggestion. At the top of Craggy’s LXNAV page is the warning not to download LXNAV files with an Apple product. That solves the firmware problem.

Glad that worked for you. I've downloaded LXNAV files to my Apple MacBookPro many times and they always worked for me. Anyway, whatever works for you is what is important.
Old May 24th 19, 04:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]

On Thursday, May 23, 2019 at 2:55:12 PM UTC-7, jp wrote:
On Thursday, May 23, 2019 at 1:15:26 PM UTC-7, vtcyclist wrote:
Ron. Thanks for the suggestion. At the top of Craggy’s LXNAV page is the warning not to download LXNAV files with an Apple product. That solves the firmware problem.

Glad that worked for you. I've downloaded LXNAV files to my Apple MacBookPro many times and they always worked for me. Anyway, whatever works for you is what is important.

Almost every time some one calls about a firmware problem with LXNAV & PowerFlarm it is because they tried to download with an Apple Computer or and Apple computer with a Windows emulator.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old May 24th 19, 08:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

On Thursday, May 23, 2019 at 8:09:32 PM UTC-7, Richard Pfiffner wrote:
On Thursday, May 23, 2019 at 2:55:12 PM UTC-7, jp wrote:
On Thursday, May 23, 2019 at 1:15:26 PM UTC-7, vtcyclist wrote:
Ron. Thanks for the suggestion. At the top of Craggy’s LXNAV page is the warning not to download LXNAV files with an Apple product. That solves the firmware problem.

Glad that worked for you. I've downloaded LXNAV files to my Apple MacBookPro many times and they always worked for me. Anyway, whatever works for you is what is important.

Almost every time some one calls about a firmware problem with LXNAV & PowerFlarm it is because they tried to download with an Apple Computer or and Apple computer with a Windows emulator.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

And the new PowerFLARM 6.60 firmware fixes that mac compatibility issue, but the irony is folks are having trouble upgrading to that using a Mac :-)

For now with a Mac you can manually remove the unneeded hidden files that the Mac is putting on the USB stick, they are throwbacks to old Mac compatibility resource fork crap. Deleting the hidden files affects nothing, just makes the FLARM update work. Easiest way is to use the Terminal.app on the Mac to find and remove any ._filename.ext hidden files (e.g. ls ._* to see them). If needed find a kid who knows UNIX/linux to help you, take then for a glider ride in return.

Old May 24th 19, 01:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

On Friday, May 24, 2019 at 12:03:44 AM UTC-7, Darryl Ramm wrote:
[...]

I am not as versed in electrons as most engineers on this site, so what I am saying is more visceral. I have been a Mac user since 1984, with just a few brief virus, trojan, and ransom filled forays into the PC world. When I got back into gliding after a 15 year hiatus, the instruments and software had developed to the Piont I now needed to access the data. Thought about using the Mac, but then for with little research I purchased a Levono 900 used for $400. Macs are expensive and I didn't want to expose it to the desires and diseases of the other side of the tracks

Old May 24th 19, 03:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Karl Kunz[_2_]

On Macs with Sierra or later insert usb stick, show in finder.

CMND + SHIFT + Period this will show the hidden files.

Delete as required.
Old May 24th 19, 03:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell

Put a Linux like Ubuntu on your PC. Fast, stable, secure, and free.

On 5/24/19 8:35 AM, Dan Marotta wrote:
[...]

Air glide Vario family versus S100 LXNAV - Comments on Winds and Performance? WaltWX[_2_] Soaring 11 December 17th 18 11:01 AM
Anyone having trouble upgrading firmware in an LXNAV s80? Matt Herron Jr. Soaring 2 January 17th 18 04:56 AM
LX S100 Bryce Sammeter Soaring 2 November 1st 17 09:43 AM
LXNav S80 latest firmware ZP Soaring 0 November 20th 16 06:26 PM
LXNav S80 Vario Digital Input Wiring Question Gianni Isotope Soaring 1 July 14th 16 11:16 PM