Twin Cub and twin Mustang

Old February 9th 08, 07:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
William Hung[_2_]

Default Twin Cub and twin Mustang

Anyone have anything thoughts on these that they'd like to share?

Wil
Old February 9th 08, 08:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
William Hung[_2_]

On Feb 9, 2:43*pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
William Hung wrote in news:bb5a57ac-5afb-4602-8405-
:

Anyone have anything thoughts on these that they'd like to share?

Wil

Well, the lightplane twins were just for fun. They would have had massive
problems with performance and stucture.

The Twin Mustang had, once again, ben pipped at the post and posibly
inxpired by the Germans who did a zwilling" ME 109 as well as an HE 1-11 (
with a fifth engine added in between)

Bertie

I'll have to look into that.

Here are some pics of the T-Cub and T-Stang.

http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/sha...hotos/050317-F...

http://www.nurflugel.com/Nurflugel/n...s/cub_twin.jpg

Wil
Old February 9th 08, 08:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

William Hung wrote in
:

On Feb 9, 2:43*pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
William Hung wrote in
:

Anyone have anything thoughts on these that they'd like to share?

Wil

Well, the lightplane twins were just for fun. They would have had
massive problems with performance and stucture.

The Twin Mustang had, once again, ben pipped at the post and posibly
inxpired by the Germans who did a zwilling" ME 109 as well as an HE
1-11 (

with a fifth engine added in between)

Bertie

I'll have to look into that.

Here are some pics of the T-Cub and T-Stang.

http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/sha...photos/050317-

F..
.

http://www.nurflugel.com/Nurflugel/n...s/cub_twin.jpg

Wil

Yeah, the cub was at a lot of airshows years ago. I saw it a couple of
times. Same guy, i think, did a twin Tri-pacer with a single fuselage
but two engines mounted side by side on the nose swinging overlapping
props.
Someone did a twin Ercoupe back in the fifties and did an aerobatic
airshow routine wiht it for years.
I saw some pics of it performing on the net some time ago..

Bertie
Old February 9th 08, 08:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Bertie the Bunyip wrote in news:Xns9A3FD07A62248****upropeeh@
207.14.116.130:

http://www.nurflugel.com/Nurflugel/n...s/cub_twin.jpg

Wil

Yeah, the cub was at a lot of airshows years ago. I saw it a couple of
times. Same guy, i think, did a twin Tri-pacer with a single fuselage
but two engines mounted side by side on the nose swinging overlapping
props.

Doh! It;'s in the background.

Bertie
Old February 9th 08, 08:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
William Hung[_2_]

On Feb 9, 3:38*pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Bertie the Bunyip wrote in news:Xns9A3FD07A62248****upropeeh@
207.14.116.130:

http://www.nurflugel.com/Nurflugel/n...s/cub_twin.jpg

Wil

Yeah, the cub was at a lot of airshows years ago. I saw it a couple of
times. Same guy, i think, did a twin Tri-pacer with a single fuselage
but two engines mounted side by side on the nose swinging overlapping
props.

Doh! It;'s in the background.

Bertie

Yeah, Bertie, it's behind the T-Cub. lol.

Years ago I read about the T-Tri-Pacer. Very interesting stuff
indeed. It was a cheaper twin to get than just buying a regular
twin. I wonder if the FAA would recognize twin time if you flew
them. I suppose they'll have to.

Wil
Old February 9th 08, 08:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

William Hung wrote in
:

On Feb 9, 3:38*pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Bertie the Bunyip wrote in

@
207.14.116.130:

http://www.nurflugel.com/Nurflugel/n...nes/cub_twin.j
pg

Wil

Yeah, the cub was at a lot of airshows years ago. I saw it a couple
of times. Same guy, i think, did a twin Tri-pacer with a single
fuselage but two engines mounted side by side on the nose swinging
overlapping props.

Doh! It;'s in the background.

Bertie

Yeah, Bertie, it's behind the T-Cub. lol.

Years ago I read about the T-Tri-Pacer. Very interesting stuff
indeed. It was a cheaper twin to get than just buying a regular
twin. I wonder if the FAA would recognize twin time if you flew
them. I suppose they'll have to.

Yeah, I'm sure they would. That cub must have been a mess, though. It's
nearly twice as heavy as a stock cub with half he wing area!

Bertie

Old February 9th 08, 10:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
buttman

On Feb 9, 1:49 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
William Hung wrote :

[...]

Nope.

How would you know, you've never flown it, k00ky boi.
Old February 9th 08, 10:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.aviation.kooks,rec.aviation.student
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

buttman wrote in
:

On Feb 9, 1:49 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
William Hung wrote
innews:7586115a-c944-49f2-939c-4c18c489e0a8

@l32g2000hse.googlegroups.c
om:

[...]

Oh ouch. I really got a taste of my own medicine there, didn't I?

Bertie

Old February 10th 08, 04:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
RL Anderson

Blueskies wrote:
"William Hung" wrote in message
Anyone have anything thoughts on these that they'd like to share?

Wil

And the DO-28?

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Untit...titled/0928317

Here's a good link to the Twin Stang.

http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/fac...eet.asp?id=284

Rick

ID Twin w/ twin vert stabs--RPV? Unk_Twin.jpg (01/01) No Name Aviation Photos 5 October 12th 07 05:55 AM
P-82 Twin Mustang Ricky Piloting 2 September 25th 07 08:04 AM
Twin Mustang at Carswell AFB Don Pyeatt Aviation Photos 11 April 16th 07 08:11 PM
Which twin Big D Piloting 15 November 15th 03 05:09 AM