LFO's (lightweight flying objects)

Old March 25th 07, 06:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
FreeFlight107

Default LFO's (lightweight flying objects)

If you want some real Heli fun try the Blade CX2, complete with radios
& batt charger $190

Much more fun than the PicooZ, I got one a couple of months ago and am
flying all over the hanger now.

Yes the RC Models are moving ahead so fast in the last 5-10 years, I
wonder what we'll have 5 years out?

Has anyone seen one of the kids, yes they don't have drivers lic yet!,
fly the fully aerobatic helis? Totaly amazing what they can do!

Wayne

Old March 25th 07, 09:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper

I rather like the idea of keeping at least some of the attributes of a 5
year old. One only grows old once, but you stay immature all your life . . .
just ask my wife.

Your 5 year old will have a ball with the Aero Ace biplane.

bumper

"Papa3" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Feb 21, 3:38 pm, "bumper" wrote:
Or what to do when the weather says, "no soaring".

For those who don't get out enough (no rude comments directed towards me,
please), you may not have heard of the following aviation related items
(no
financial or other connections with this, but they sure is fun!):

"Air Hogs Havoc" helicopter
"Air Hogs Aero-Ace" plane

Both are $30 or less, and available at Wal-Mart, or Target, or maybe
on-line. Wal-Mart seems to sell out quickly but they restock just as
quickly - - these items are going like hot cakes.

Both are powered by a built-in lithium polymer rechargeable battery. The
transmitter / charger is powered by 6 AA alkaline batteries (I'm using
NMh
rechargeable in the heli xmitter with no problems).

The heli is recommended for indoor use only, has an infrared remote, and
is
great for strafing the wife in the kitchen while she tries to prepare
supper. Remote controls up/down (main rotor speed) and a tiny anti-torque
tail rotor is both trimmable and provides turning control. The heli will
hover still with little forward movement as received. Putting a small
weight
under the nose (included) or slightly twisting the tail boom clockwise
(looking from the rear) about 5 degrees, will provide forward speed
(though
the heli does not go fast enough to go into transitional lift). The IR
control can be overwhelmed in bright sunlight, so it really is an inside
toy.

The Aero-Ace biplane is also lightweight and can be flown indoors or out
(in
calmer wind conditions). Remote is RF (27 Mhz) and if signal drops, the
planes two counter-rotating props will stop. Remote control provides
up-down
through an increase or decrease in throttle, and turn by differentially
changing prop speed. It's easy to fly as well. Like the heli, the light
weight means you can do multiple crashes with no damage, though I
recommend
releasing the throttle when you know a crash is imminent!

Oh, and please remember, "You only grow old once . . . but you can stay
immature all your life!"

bumper

Bumper,

My 5 year old is seriously intrigued by the Aero-Ace. I had told him
that he could have one once he turns 7. However, having watched him
do a perfect ILS with the A300 on Microsoft Flight Simulator, I'm
rethinking whether he needs to wait that long. So, not suggesting
that you have the mentality of a 5 year old, but what say you? Is
this something that an "air minded" kid could handle?

Erik Mann (LS8-18 P3)

p.s. Several club members have remarked on my MkII Yaw String.
Maybe I'll become an authorized reseller :-) Let's see, at 5%
comission, that means I only need to sell about 500 of them to pay for
a nice dinner out with the wife.