A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Six gliders stolen - Aalborg Svæveflyveklub - gliding club in Denmark

Old November 3rd 17, 11:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber
external usenet poster

Default liding_club_in_Denmark

On Thursday, November 2, 2017 at 6:45:07 PM UTC-4, Jock Proudfoot wrote:

aircraft serial numbers
OY-RAX 28/294
OY-XRG 6217
OY-XRF 4788
OY-XPX 4654
OY-XPD 4-183
OY-RGX 101,AO.77

Here are more identifying information on the stolen gliders

https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/AVI...uazu5STxGpT7EZ

Old November 5th 17, 06:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G
external usenet poster

Default liding_club_in_Denmark

On Friday, November 3, 2017 at 3:23:05 PM UTC-7, son_of_flubber wrote:
On Thursday, November 2, 2017 at 6:45:07 PM UTC-4, Jock Proudfoot wrote:

aircraft serial numbers
OY-RAX 28/294
OY-XRG 6217
OY-XRF 4788
OY-XPX 4654
OY-XPD 4-183
OY-RGX 101,AO.77

Here are more identifying information on the stolen gliders

https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/AVI...uazu5STxGpT7EZ

My guess is that these gliders have been taken to a former Soviet block country where documentation is much less stringent. They had to have a semi-sized truck in which to haul all of the gliders. The contents could have been listed on a bill of lading as aircraft salvage parts (what border guard could tell the difference?). What better way to start a glider club on a budget? Also, documents such as bills of sale can be readily forged. I sold a DG400 that went to a buyer in Brazil (I hope that I never have to that again!). The glider was decertified by the FAA, who faxed a form to the Brazilian authorities. They promptly lost the document and it had to be replaced. I had the FAA fax the document to me; I photographed it and a sent the jpeg file to the Brazilian buyer, where it was graciously accepted by said authorities w/o further confirmation. It is not hard to imagine how this document could have be forged by someone w/o scruples at any stage in this process..

Tom
Old November 11th 17, 10:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Six gliders stolen - Aalborg Svæveflyveklub - gliding club in Denmark

Regarding the 6 stolen aircrafts from AVIATOR

There is now a reward of 10.000 € for information leding to the recovery of the 6 stolen gliders.

The statemensis as follows:

Stockholm, 10 November 2017

Notification of Stolen Aircrafts

Between the dates 30-Oct and 02-Nov six glider aircrafts was stolen from Aviator Aalborg svæveflyveklub hangar at Aars airport in Denmark.

The registration, serialnumber, manufacturer and type of the aircrafts are following:
OY-RGX, 101077, Centrair Pegase 101A
OY-XPD, 4-183, Glaser-Dirks Flugzeugbau GmbH,
DG-400 OY-XPX, 4654, Rolladen-Schneider Flugzeugbau,
LS 4 OY-XRF, 4788, Rolladen-Schneider Flugzeugbau,
LS 4 a OY-XRG, 6217, Rolladen-Schneider Flugzeugbau,
LS 6 c OY-RAX, 28, Schempp-Hirth Flugzeugbau GmbH,
Duo Discus T

Inter Hannover will pay a reward of EUR 10.000 for information that leads to that all aircrafts are returned to their owners in functional condition.

Contact information: Ph: +46 8 617 5400 ask for GA Claims
Old November 14th 17, 02:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Hoult
external usenet poster

On Thursday, November 2, 2017 at 8:01:03 PM UTC+3, son_of_flubber wrote:
Reposting for a friend:

"Aviator - Aalborg Svæveflyveklub", a gliding club in Denmark, just lost all of 6 airplanes, that were allegedly taken out of their trailers and loaded onto a truck. Local police is currently investigating. The theft happened between monday Oct 30th, and thursday Nov 2nd.

The stolen airplanes we
Duo Discus T (OY-RAX)
LS6 18w (OY-XRG)
LS4 (OY-XRF)
LS4 (OY-XPX)
DG 400 (OY-XPD)
Pegase (OY-RGX)

Please share this information with everyone you know in the gliding community.

https://nordjyske.dk/nyheder/svaevef...d-2be63a73eb54

This seems to be pretty widely known in the general community.

I happened to be in Faaborg (about three hours drive from Aalborg) on the evening of November 6. I saw three motorcyclists parked on the waterfront, One of their bikes looked identical to my old 1995 BMW R1100RT in NZ, so I stopped and approached them. Turned out that bike was a '96 and had at that moment 99970 km on it (mine is about 140000 I think). But I digress. Amid the usual bikers chat I mentioned I fly gliders in NZ and one of them immediately asked if I knew about the six gliders being stolen...
Old November 14th 17, 03:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

What is the real estate situation with the airfield? If there wasn't a pesky soaring club with a lease would the land be free to be something more profitable? Any Farmer Mcnasty neighbors that don't like towplane noise? Disgruntled ex-clubmembers or ex-spouses? My guess is this wasn't an act of taking gliders for personal gain, it was an act of intentionally harming the club. The gliders are in a landfill or at the bottom of the ocean.
Old November 14th 17, 05:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Den tirsdag den 14. november 2017 kl. 15.33.49 UTC+1 skrev :
What is the real estate situation with the airfield? If there wasn't a pesky soaring club with a lease would the land be free to be something more profitable? Any Farmer Mcnasty neighbors that don't like towplane noise? Disgruntled ex-clubmembers or ex-spouses? My guess is this wasn't an act of taking gliders for personal gain, it was an act of intentionally harming the club. The gliders are in a landfill or at the bottom of the ocean.

Hi Gregg
I am a club member of Aviator Gliding Club.

We are very happy residents of a public airport and we have no problems what so ever with anyone.

We are deebly frustrated over the incident.

And I think the most problematic is the fact that we have no idea, whith what purpose the gliders was stolen.

/Henrik Holm Kristensen
Old November 14th 17, 06:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt Herron Jr.
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, November 14, 2017 at 8:57:39 AM UTC-8, wrote:

Hi Gregg

We are very happy residents of a public airport and we have no problems what so ever with anyone.

And I think the most problematic is the fact that we have no idea, whith what purpose the gliders was stolen.

/Henrik Holm Kristensen

Did any owners leave their Spot tracker on by mistake? How about a transponder? Anyone have an ELT that might get triggered by the glider being dismantled?

Old November 14th 17, 07:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Den tirsdag den 14. november 2017 kl. 18.33.06 UTC+1 skrev Matt Herron Jr.:
On Tuesday, November 14, 2017 at 8:57:39 AM UTC-8, wrote:

Hi Gregg

/Henrik Holm Kristensen

Did any owners leave their Spot tracker on by mistake? How about a transponder? Anyone have an ELT that might get triggered by the glider being dismantled?

No Spot tacker.
No transponder.
No ELT.