A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Lx9070 V80 and Butterfly electronic and pnuemantic compensation

Old April 30th 16, 01:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud
external usenet poster

Default Lx9070 V80 and Butterfly electronic and pnuemantic compensation

I am flying an ASG 29 Es and was wondering if anyone flying an ASG 29-18 had fly these variometers configured to use electronic compensation and is so what is the percentage you use. I could do my own testing but right now I am not able to dedicate the time and I need to achieve the best result possible. If you could share your settings please send me the information?

Kind regards,
Old May 5th 16, 05:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud
external usenet poster

No one has any suggestions?
Old May 5th 16, 06:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Thursday, May 5, 2016 at 12:16:53 PM UTC-4, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
No one has any suggestions?

Settings are specific to your sailplane only. Not everyone may have the same pitot/static source and performance as you. Have you tested (individually) your factory pitot and static sources for leaks? Are you mixing mechanical and electronic varios on the same pitot/static source?

There's no "magic" here -- it should not take you more than 5 minutes per electronic vario to find suitable compensation settings on an early morning test flight.