Ack!! video A320 xwind in Germany

Old March 7th 08, 06:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr
Everett M. Greene[_2_]

Default Ack!! video A320 xwind in Germany

Bertie the Bunyip writes:
Dan wrote
On Mar 7, 7:21 am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Are you sure she put udder in?

If so that explains it....

****. I spotted that as it was going "down the drain " after I hit send!
You get the brass ring for the first predictable reply!

I have few talents, so give me this one.

I'm like a modern debugger!

I could give you a full time job wiht my tpyos alone.

My coworkers and I were getting a good laugh about an ad
our employer had run looking for editors. The number of
errors in the ad led to the common comment that we have
a very definite need for at least one.
Old March 10th 08, 12:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr

On 7 Mar, 20:16, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
(Everett M. Greene) wrote :

Bertie the Bunyip writes:
Dan wrote
On Mar 7, 7:21 am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Are you sure she put udder in?

If so that explains it....

****. I spotted that as it was going "down the drain " after I hit
send! You get the brass ring for the first predictable reply!

I have few talents, so give me this one.

I'm like a modern debugger!

I could give you a full time job wiht my tpyos alone.

My coworkers and I were getting a good laugh about an ad
our employer had run looking for editors. *The number of
errors in the ad led to the common comment that we have
a very definite need for at least one.

On th eplus side, my typing speed is phenomonal.

Bertie- Hide quoted text -

Apologies if these have already been published.

Here are some stills of the incident.

http://www.stationstops.com/2008/03/...ay-in-hamburg/
"In addition to an unattributed internet video of the
entire landing (below), photographer Lars Tretau
captured stunning close-in photographs from a
different angle which can be found /here and here/."

Follow the links "here and here".
This is even scarier than the video.
Old March 10th 08, 01:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

wrote in
:

On 7 Mar, 20:16, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
(Everett M. Greene) wrote
innews:200

:

Bertie the Bunyip writes:
Dan wrote
On Mar 7, 7:21 am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Are you sure she put udder in?

If so that explains it....

****. I spotted that as it was going "down the drain " after I
hit send! You get the brass ring for the first predictable
reply!

I have few talents, so give me this one.

I'm like a modern debugger!

I could give you a full time job wiht my tpyos alone.

My coworkers and I were getting a good laugh about an ad
our employer had run looking for editors. *The number of
errors in the ad led to the common comment that we have
a very definite need for at least one.

On th eplus side, my typing speed is phenomonal.

Bertie- Hide quoted text -

Apologies if these have already been published.

Here are some stills of the incident.

http://www.stationstops.com/2008/03/...azing-footage-

f-lufthansa-a320-wing-crashing-into-runway-in-hamburg/ "In addition to
an unattributed internet video of the entire landing (below),
photographer Lars Tretau captured stunning close-in photographs from a
different angle which can be found /here and here/."

Follow the links "here and here".
This is even scarier than the video.

Don;t see the links to the stills. I have seen one where the left wing
touches. This was not quite as close to disaster as it looks , though.
Wingtip scrapes are pretty common.

Bertie

Old March 10th 08, 05:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr
Christopher Brian Colohan

Bertie the Bunyip writes:
Don;t see the links to the stills. I have seen one where the left wing
touches. This was not quite as close to disaster as it looks , though.
Wingtip scrapes are pretty common.

Here are the links:

http://www.hamburg-airport-friends-f...d=2607#pid2607
http://www.imgdumper.nl/uploads/47ca.../phpOltUWB.jpg

Or, as tinyurls:
http://tinyurl.com/2het72
http://tinyurl.com/3d44he

Chris
Old March 10th 08, 07:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Christopher Brian Colohan wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip writes:
Don;t see the links to the stills. I have seen one where the left
wing touches. This was not quite as close to disaster as it looks ,
though. Wingtip scrapes are pretty common.

Here are the links:

http://www.hamburg-airport-friends-f...ad.php?tid=763

&pid=
2607#pid2607
http://www.imgdumper.nl/uploads/47ca.../phpOltUWB.jpg

Or, as tinyurls:
http://tinyurl.com/2het72
http://tinyurl.com/3d44he

Chris

Doesn't look all that bad really. One of our guys scraped the wing on a
737 800 in a similar sort of incident a few years back. It's a pretty
commmon thing in lightplanes too.

Bertie
Old March 10th 08, 11:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr
Dave Doe

In article ,
says...
wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip writes:
[...]

How many times a day do you scrape the wing on the ground?

--
Duncan
Old March 11th 08, 12:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Dave Doe wrote in
. nz:

Wingtip scrapes are pretty common.

How many times a day do you scrape the wing on the ground?

If I want to, as many as I can. If not, it doesn't happen.

What's your point?

Bertie