A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Condor - SGS 1-26

Old March 25th 18, 06:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Condor - SGS 1-26

I received a request today from someone working to get an SGS 1-26 as an available glider in Condor.

He wrote:

===
I have been doing the modelling of a 1-26 on behalf of someone that wants to see this glider being offered as a plane pack from Condor.

I have submitted the model to Chris Wedgewood in the UK (who is on the team from Condor) and he has accepted the model and will do the rendering. He needs someone with 1-26 experience to evaluate the performance of the model that he is creating as far as flying characteristics and performance etc.
===

I have lots of time in Condor, but very little, and no recent, time in an SGS 1-26. I will give this a try if need be, but would prefer, in the interest of a better final product, that someone with more experience in a 1-26 give it a go. This person would also need to be proficient in Condor.

Another option:
I could do the Condor work, and could consult with an experienced 1-26 pilot via Skype, where I demonstrate the 1-26 performance in Condor and the 1-26 expert sees the result on a shared Skype screen.

+++

I can be reached at
smanley at wisc dot edu

or

by phone at six zero eight, two two two, six eight four three.

===

Thanks for your consideration,

Scott Manley CFIG 3167160CFI
Old March 25th 18, 10:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber
external usenet poster

On Sunday, March 25, 2018 at 1:02:41 PM UTC-4, wrote:
He needs someone with 1-26 experience to evaluate the performance of the model that he is creating as far as flying characteristics and performance etc.

Am I seduced insensible by sexy shiny old gliders, or does a nicely restored 1-26E fly twice as good as a barely airworthy mouse house?

I never want to fly beat_to_hell 1-26s (or 2-33s), but a nicely restored 1-26 is a joy on a good day. Kinda explains the fabled 1960s glider scene to me, back when all of the SGS were slick and newish.

The Condor 1-26 will be pristine like all of the other Condor models. I hope that it flies at full potential as well.
Old March 26th 18, 01:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Sunday, March 25, 2018 at 1:02:41 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I received a request today from someone working to get an SGS 1-26 as an available glider in Condor.

He wrote:

===
I have been doing the modelling of a 1-26 on behalf of someone that wants to see this glider being offered as a plane pack from Condor.

I have submitted the model to Chris Wedgewood in the UK (who is on the team from Condor) and he has accepted the model and will do the rendering. He needs someone with 1-26 experience to evaluate the performance of the model that he is creating as far as flying characteristics and performance etc.
===

I have lots of time in Condor, but very little, and no recent, time in an SGS 1-26. I will give this a try if need be, but would prefer, in the interest of a better final product, that someone with more experience in a 1-26 give it a go. This person would also need to be proficient in Condor.

Another option:
I could do the Condor work, and could consult with an experienced 1-26 pilot via Skype, where I demonstrate the 1-26 performance in Condor and the 1-26 expert sees the result on a shared Skype screen.

+++

I can be reached at
smanley at wisc dot edu

or

by phone at six zero eight, two two two, six eight four three.

===

Thanks for your consideration,

Scott Manley CFIG 3167160CFI

Scott, Daniel Sazhin tasks Monday Night Soaring (and USNS) on Condor and recently did a 1000k in a 1-26. Suggest you get in touch with him.
Old March 26th 18, 05:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Scott, Daniel Sazhin tasks Monday Night Soaring (and USNS) on Condor and recently did a 1000k in a 1-26. Suggest you get in touch with him.

Superb suggestion!!

Old March 26th 18, 05:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)
external usenet poster

I am wondering, what difference is there for a "1-26" with a light pilot vs. a heavy pilot in a 1-26E?

I ask since, I weigh about 150# in SN 002, I know of 250# in an "E".
Likely not much difference.
Just throwing it out there.

Guess sorta depends on where you are flying.
Old March 26th 18, 06:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Monday, March 26, 2018 at 12:23:40 PM UTC-4, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
I am wondering, what difference is there for a "1-26" with a light pilot vs. a heavy pilot in a 1-26E?

I ask since, I weigh about 150# in SN 002, I know of 250# in an "E".
Likely not much difference.
Just throwing it out there.

Guess sorta depends on where you are flying.

Probably more difference than we want to admit. E models are @100lbs heavier. That makes 200 lbs more on the same wings. You'll win on the light days.