Old Genave radios

Old November 9th 04, 10:06 PM
John Giddy

Default Old Genave radios

Hi all,
We have a couple of old Genave Apha 10 radios in our training Blaniks
which are giving some trouble, and are getting harder to fix due to
difficulty of sourcing some of the components these days.
Rather than change the whole radio installation, I am wondering if
there are a couple of these radios in good working order out there
which I might acquire to replace those in our Blaniks.
I realise they are no longer legal to use in USA, but they are still
OK in Australia, and these are training aircraft, where radio
procedure training is more important than long distance communication.
Cheers, John G.
--
John Giddy
5/287 Barkers Rd
Old November 9th 04, 10:37 PM
Bob Kuykendall

Earlier, John Giddy wrote:

...I realise they are no longer
legal to use in USA...

Not true. The Genave Alpha 10 is specifically listed
as acceptable:

http://wireless.fcc.gov/aviation/goodlst.html

Bob K.
http://www.hpaircraft.com/hp-24

Old November 9th 04, 11:40 PM
John Giddy

On 9 Nov 2004 22:37:00 GMT, Bob Kuykendall wrote:

Earlier, John Giddy wrote:

...I realise they are no longer
legal to use in USA...

Not true. The Genave Alpha 10 is specifically listed
as acceptable:

http://wireless.fcc.gov/aviation/goodlst.html

Bob K.
http://www.hpaircraft.com/hp-24

Thanks Bob,
I stand corrected !
I guess that means there won't be many for sale at good prices :-(
Cheers, John G.

Switching radios on 1 antenna Nicholas J. Hirsch Home Built 16 June 14th 04 01:49 PM
U$ Says Prisoners Beaten With Hand-Held Radios, NOT Clock Radios! *snicker* JStONGE123 Military Aviation 1 May 11th 04 06:22 AM
More GPS's HeadSets and Radios Forsale - MAKE OFFERS George Piloting 22 January 20th 04 01:35 AM
Two radios on one headset unt Soaring 0 December 3rd 03 07:52 AM
TKM radios Peter Gottlieb Piloting 5 August 15th 03 02:44 PM