Brokerage fees - industry standard?

Old December 16th 03, 05:20 AM
sue t

Default Brokerage fees - industry standard?

I've been scanning the 'net to get an idea of an average brokerage fee for
an aircraft (1968 Cherokee 140) valued in the $20,000 to $25,000 range. My
expectation would be advertising the aircraft and acting as initial point of
contact. The aircraft would need to be sold from my home base, not from the
brokerage firm's home base.

I note some agencies provide flat fee based on type of aircraft or selling
price and some do the work for a percentage. I see percentages ranging
from 2.9% to 10%, with 5% being average. Can anyone confirm this as a
reasonable fee?

I'm located in British Columbia, Canada.

sue thomas

Old December 16th 03, 09:15 PM
Justin

Hi Sue,
I'm a broker in Los Angeles: www.kenmcinturff.com. The fees you're
quoting are reasonable, we typically shoot for 10% on aircraft we list
below $100k. That includes an appraisal, advertising, selling, and
completing all documentation for the sale (including clearing the
title). A 2.9% commission is a bargain if you can find it. Good luck,
and please send me specs on your plane!

Justin Tagle
Ken McInturff Aircraft Sales
Van Nuys, CA