US:Restricted Towplanes

Old November 3rd 04, 11:15 PM
Judy Ruprecht

Default US:Restricted Towplanes

As many soaring operators have learned in recent months,
current FAA policy allows existing Restricted Category
tow planes to remain in service, but any newly-acquired
tow plane must be certificated in Normal category.
THIS APPLIES TO MANY/MOST PAWNEES!!

In the Federal Register of November 2, 2004, FAA now
proposes to grant SSA’s petition seeking the recognition
of glider towing as an approved use for Restricted
Category aircraft. This proposal would amend FAA policy,
enabling glider towing to be considered a “special
use” under 14 CFR 21.25(b)(7), as an “operation specified
by the Administrator.”

The FAA proposal is open for public comment through
November 30 and is available online at the Federal
Register:

http://www.gpoaccess.gov/fr/advanced.html

Search ON the date 11/2/2004 and use the keyword 'restricted'

By tomorrow, the SSA website will have links to this
document as well as the petition SSA filed to secure
this important provision to keep appropriate tow planes
available to US soaring sites.

Judy

Old November 3rd 04, 11:56 PM
Stewart Kissel

Judy-

Any suggested language or specific comments you can
recommend for us to use?

Also, I encourage those of you in ras land to please
comment, and encourage your peers as well.

Old November 4th 04, 12:59 AM
Ray Lovinggood

Judy,

Thank you for your tireless and never-ending fights
on regulatory issues. I don't know if you have a 'tip
jar,' but I'm dropping a small donation in the mail
addressed to the SSA tomorrow. My contribution to
their (our) funding is the only way I can really say
'THANK YOU' for your work.

Just one question: How do you have time for governmental
issues and badges??? :-)

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA

Old November 4th 04, 04:27 AM
Shawn

Judy Ruprecht wrote:
[...]

Thanks Judy. Maybe the Salida Pawnee will be towing before the Spring.
(Guess I'd better get my flight review done)
:-)

Shawn
Old November 4th 04, 04:33 AM
BTIZ

Thanx Judy and SSA..
we tow with a "restricted category" Pawnee here.. but our certificate says..
RESTRICTED - Banner and Glider Tow

Go Figure

BT

Old November 4th 04, 09:25 PM
Judy Ruprecht

At 00:24 04 November 2004, Stewart Kissel wrote:
Judy-

Any suggested language or specific comments you can
recommend for us to use?

The original petition SSA filed will be on the SSA
website this afternoon - check 'News' and/or 'Government
News.'

In the meantime, I'm e-mailing you your own copy.

Judy

Old November 5th 04, 11:27 PM
Robertmudd1u

Judy,

Thank you for your tireless and never-ending fights
on regulatory issues.

Just one question: How do you have time for governmental issues and badges???

:-)

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA

Ray,
Judy is one very dedicated and incredible person; that is how she does it.

Robert Mudd