LAX Today 6/12/08 pt 1 [01/13] - index 6-08-1.jpg (0/1)

Old June 12th 08, 08:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
the Legend of LAX[_2_]

Default LAX Today 6/12/08 pt 1 [01/13] - index 6-08-1.jpg (0/1)

Here are a few from the last few months

2609: ATA DC-10 (obviously before they filed bankruptcy)

2640: Malaysia 747 in special scheme

2760: QANTAS is now flying A-330s to LAX

2805: World Cargo has started flying a 747

2819: Shanghai Cargo MD-11 is another recent flyer to LAX

2832: This one has been around quite a bit lately. I wonder whose it is

2835: Express Jet, another recent starter here

2847: Air India new paint scheme

2892: a buddy of mine always trying to ruin my shots
Old June 13th 08, 05:54 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Joseph

Default Ping Legend- question

the Legend of LAX wrote:

Hey Legend-

First of all Thanks for the Shots. Great as usual.

But now I have a question- somewhere in the cargo area, not far from the
FedEx terminal, is a funny little old (I'm guessing it's old) structure
that resembles a Spanish mission. What is that? What is it a part of
today? Google was no help, but then again I didn't know what to Google
for. Any light you can shed on this would be appreciated. Just
curious. TIA.

Joseph
Old June 13th 08, 08:09 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
JPaulV

"JPaulV" a écrit dans le message de news:

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=B3TN71kbdpw

--
Cordi@lement JPaulV

Old June 13th 08, 05:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
bob

The old mission style buidling at LAX is historic Hangar One:

http://www.afcoinc.com/properties-lax.html

Bob
KSEA

Old June 13th 08, 06:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
the Legend of LAX[_2_]

Joseph wrote:
the Legend of LAX wrote:

Hey Legend-

First of all Thanks for the Shots. Great as usual.

But now I have a question- somewhere in the cargo area, not far from the
FedEx terminal, is a funny little old (I'm guessing it's old) structure
that resembles a Spanish mission. What is that? What is it a part of
today? Google was no help, but then again I didn't know what to Google
for. Any light you can shed on this would be appreciated. Just
curious. TIA.

Thanks Joseph. Further to what Bob said & posted are my personal
recollections: the building's domes were retiled with ceramic tile
during renovation. There used to be three other hangars across the lot
to the west. The TRACON was in one (my old home). I seem to recall that
the city did not want to allow this building to remain if it was to be
empty. They actually found someone to agree to occupy the building.
Somewhere, buried deep, I have pictures of it as Santa Monica Airport, &
a South American airport terminal. It's been in several movies.

--
Dale G Elhardt
Cypress Ca

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4794.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	26481  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4795.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	247.0 KB
ID:	26482
Old June 13th 08, 07:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
HiFlyer

Google "LAX Hangar One" produced alot of articles and some
pictures.... 1990 seemed to be the renovation year.

HF

On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 10:53:17 -0700, the Legend of LAX

Old June 14th 08, 08:49 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Joseph

Many thanks Legend, and bob, and HiFlyer. I learned something today.

Joseph

the Legend of LAX wrote:

Joseph wrote:
the Legend of LAX wrote:

[...]

[Image] [Image]

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	30_P-38L.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	172.4 KB
ID:	26523

Old June 15th 08, 07:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Joseph

HiFlyer wrote:

The P-38...... McMinnville?

HF