I Think I'll Have A.....Nike - 001index.jpg (0/1)

Old May 14th 08, 12:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mitchell Holman Mitchell Holman is offline
Banned

Default I Think I'll Have A.....Nike - 001index.jpg (0/1)

pt one of eight

Old May 14th 08, 02:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Some Guy[_2_]

Mitchell Holman wrote in
:

pt one of eight

Mitchell,

Great Pics, thanks.

I am just wondering about your little play on words.

You surely aren't old enough to have heard of this beer.

I haven't seen a can of that in probably 35-40 years!

I figured you to be about 35, too young to know that one of the
commercial lines was "I think I'll have a Jax."

Of course, maybe Jax is still around but in limited areas. I dunno.
Old May 14th 08, 09:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mitchell Holman Mitchell Holman is offline
Banned

Some Guy wrote in news:Xns9A9E55650BC5ANotReal@
207.115.33.102:

Mitchell Holman wrote in
:

pt one of eight

Mitchell,

Great Pics, thanks.

I am just wondering about your little play on words.

You surely aren't old enough to have heard of this beer.

I haven't seen a can of that in probably 35-40 years!

I figured you to be about 35, too young to know that one of the
commercial lines was "I think I'll have a Jax."

Of course, maybe Jax is still around but in limited areas. I dunno.

Remember the "Make mine a Falstaff" campaign?

Old May 14th 08, 10:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Some Guy[_2_]

Mitchell Holman wrote in
:

Some Guy wrote in news:Xns9A9E55650BC5ANotReal@
207.115.33.102:

Mitchell Holman wrote in
:

pt one of eight

Mitchell,

Great Pics, thanks.

I am just wondering about your little play on words.

You surely aren't old enough to have heard of this beer.

I haven't seen a can of that in probably 35-40 years!

I figured you to be about 35, too young to know that one of the
commercial lines was "I think I'll have a Jax."

Of course, maybe Jax is still around but in limited areas. I dunno.

Remember the "Make mine a Falstaff" campaign?

Oh yeah!

What about Schlitz? "The Beer that made Milwaukee Famous?"
I've heard it's still around... just not in my market.
(Not that I'd drink that horse-p*ss).
It was better than "My God that's Disgusting (MGD), tho'
Or Keystone... yech, nuff said! SHUDDER!
Old May 15th 08, 12:50 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Don Pyeatt

"Some Guy" wrote in message
Mitchell Holman wrote in
:

pt one of eight

Mitchell,

Great Pics, thanks.

I am just wondering about your little play on words.

You surely aren't old enough to have heard of this beer.

I haven't seen a can of that in probably 35-40 years!

I figured you to be about 35, too young to know that one of the
commercial lines was "I think I'll have a Jax."

Of course, maybe Jax is still around but in limited areas. I dunno.

If you're *really* old, you can still sing the Jax radio jingle.

Old May 15th 08, 11:03 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
NoName

"Hello mellow Jax my little darling" ???

"Don Pyeatt" wrote in message

"Some Guy" wrote in message
Mitchell Holman wrote in
:

Old May 15th 08, 02:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Don Pyeatt

"NoName" wrote in message

"Hello mellow Jax my little darling" ???

"Don Pyeatt" wrote in message

"Some Guy" wrote in message
Mitchell Holman wrote in
:

pt one of eight

Mitchell,

Great Pics, thanks.

I am just wondering about your little play on words.

You surely aren't old enough to have heard of this beer.

I haven't seen a can of that in probably 35-40 years!

I figured you to be about 35, too young to know that one of the
commercial lines was "I think I'll have a Jax."

Of course, maybe Jax is still around but in limited areas. I dunno.

If you're *really* old, you can still sing the Jax radio jingle.

Hello Mellow JAX, little dahlin'
You're the beer for me
I know that you'll agree
Hello mellow JAX little dahlin'
You're the beer for me yessireee

Old May 16th 08, 06:10 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jack G[_2_]

Thanks for posting these - I actually got to visit an active duty Nike
Battery near the Hanford Atomic Works in the Late '50s. I was 12 or 13 and
it really made an impression on me - brought back by these pictures.

Jack G.

Miller was, at that time, "The Champaign of Bottled Beer" Hamms was From
The Land of Sky Blue Waters, Olympia: "It's The Water" (and **** on the back
of the label), And Carling will always be "Off the table Mabel, the
quarter's for the beer....

"Mitchell Holman" wrote in message

pt one of eight

Old May 17th 08, 04:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
jett23

"Don Pyeatt" wrote in message ...

"NoName" wrote in message

"Hello mellow Jax my little darling" ???

"Don Pyeatt" wrote in message

"Some Guy" wrote in message
Mitchell Holman wrote in
:

pt one of eight

Mitchell,

Great Pics, thanks.

I am just wondering about your little play on words.

You surely aren't old enough to have heard of this beer.

I haven't seen a can of that in probably 35-40 years!

I figured you to be about 35, too young to know that one of the
commercial lines was "I think I'll have a Jax."

Of course, maybe Jax is still around but in limited areas. I dunno.

If you're *really* old, you can still sing the Jax radio jingle.

Hello Mellow JAX, little dahlin'
You're the beer for me
I know that you'll agree
Hello mellow JAX little dahlin'
You're the beer for me yessireee

Our senior trip was a visit to New Orleans. Drinking age in Louisiana was 18 at the time,
as was entry to the clubs in the French Quarter. Ah, Fabachers, one of my favorite brews. :-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jax_Brewery

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...5/ai_n16218642

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackson...s%2C_Louisiana