Airventure get-togethers

Old May 20th 04, 02:41 PM
Jay Honeck

The Piper Parade has traditionally met at High Noon

What's the "Piper Parade"?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 20th 04, 05:16 PM
Blanche

Jay Honeck wrote:

What's the "Piper Parade"?

Last year a group of Piper folk decided that the Bo's shouldn't
have all the fun and organized a flight into OSH for the show. Not
doing it this year -- awful lot of effort (thank you Stan!) with
LOA with FAA and OSH and everything else. I believe 30 or so
aircraft participated. And then there were those (like me) that
took a 747...(and didn't get flooded in the storm...)

No fly-in this year but for a number of years, it's been
either meet at the tail of the big airplane or at one of the
vendor's booths (First Pryority Bank) if they are at the show.

Old May 20th 04, 07:22 PM
Jack Allison

Figured it was on your "to do" list as things get closer. I thought it
worked out great last year.

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

Old May 20th 04, 09:28 PM
Morgans

"Jay Honeck" wrote

In order to find someone in the North 40, all you need is either their

name,
or their tail number (the tail number is more reliable). Go to the good
EAA folks at the camper check-in tent (at the entrance to the North 40),

and
give them the information. They will tell you the precise row number and
campsite of the person you are trying to find!

Great. I didn't know that.

The Big Grill. Could you transport it to our campsite, or would we

have
to move the party to the grill? :-)

Do they allow cars or tractors to mingle with the airplanes in the north 40?
If so, yes, I can move it to you.

Montblack is (was?) planning on bringing grills, but he seems to be AWOL
from the groups for the last couple of months...so we may need other
options?
--
Jay Honeck

Do you want me to plan on it, or wait a bit?
--
Jim in NC

---

Old May 21st 04, 12:36 AM
EDR

In article , Morgans
wrote:

The Big Grill. Could you transport it to our campsite, or would we

have to move the party to the grill? :-)

Do they allow cars or tractors to mingle with the airplanes in the north 40?
If so, yes, I can move it to you.

If Jay parks where he did last year, I will be accessible from the
Hilton parking lot.
Old May 21st 04, 02:14 AM
Jay Honeck

Do they allow cars or tractors to mingle with the airplanes in the north
40?

Well, yes and no. Montblack managed to simply drive out on the field last
year, either through bluff or luck. (I think he was wearing a "volunteer"
t-shirt that gave him carte blanche pretty much everywhere -- even though it
was from another fly-in!)

Usually the answer is no, however

Do you want me to plan on it, or wait a bit?

Well, I don't see how we can go wrong with too many grills? :-) Why not
plan on it?

Thanks!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 21st 04, 04:43 AM
Morgans

"EDR" wrote in message
In article , Morgans
wrote:

The Big Grill. Could you transport it to our campsite, or would

we
have to move the party to the grill? :-)

Do they allow cars or tractors to mingle with the airplanes in the north

40?
If so, yes, I can move it to you.

If Jay parks where he did last year, I will be accessible from the
Hilton parking lot.

Uhh, sorry, I didn't follow that. What does your accessibility have to do
with the equation, and what does your accessibility from the Hilton have to
do with the moving of non airplanes around the north 40?
--
Jim in NC

---

Old May 21st 04, 04:50 AM
Morgans

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Do they allow cars or tractors to mingle with the airplanes in the north

40?

Well, yes and no. Montblack managed to simply drive out on the field last
year, either through bluff or luck. (I think he was wearing a "volunteer"
t-shirt that gave him carte blanche pretty much everywhere -- even though

it
was from another fly-in!)

Usually the answer is no, however

Well, I am in luck. I have the orang vest and orange floppy hat that I wear
when I am working point on the taxiways, so THAT might do it.

Do you want me to plan on it, or wait a bit?

Well, I don't see how we can go wrong with too many grills? :-) Why not
plan on it?

Thanks!
--
Jay Honeck

Uhh, I don't think you understand the magnitude of this grill. I can cook
enough burgers to feed a "hundred" people in about an hour. I will plan on
bringing it, but IF it can get in, no other people need to mess with
bringing theirs.
--
Jim in NC

---

Old May 21st 04, 02:12 PM
Jay Honeck

If Jay parks where he did last year, I will be accessible from the
Hilton parking lot.

Uhh, sorry, I didn't follow that.

Well, the idea is a good one, but in practice it's quite unlikely.

Last year we were parked right near the edge of the grounds, by the Hilton.
It was easy to park a car in their lot (or a pull-behind grill) and come
right up to our campsite.

Unfortunately, where you end up camping is dictated mostly by sheer luck and
chance. If you arrive early, you camp close. If you arrive in the middle,
you camp far away. If you arrive late, you MIGHT camp close OR far away...

So, the odds of getting parked near the Hilton again are not very good.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA