AirVenture Checklist(s)

Old July 22nd 06, 06:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith

Default AirVenture RAP Reports

In article ,
"Morgans" wrote:

"Tom McQuinn" wrote

laptop (that should give me internet connection)

OK, it's you job to give the "stuck away from OSH" crowd daily reports,
right? g

I am thinking of taking my iBook with iSight cam.
If I can come up with a USB mic, we may be able to put together a
"Nightly PMC Report". I do not have a video cam (may have to go shopping
this afternoon), so quality may suffer.
I suspect I could email from the Village to someone to post to the
multimedia forum.
Old July 22nd 06, 06:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tom McQuinn

Default AirVenture Checklist(s)

Morgans wrote:
"Tom McQuinn" wrote

laptop (that should give me internet connection)

Tom

OK, it's you job to give the "stuck away from OSH" crowd daily reports,
right? g

And I'm not sure how much news I'll be reading, so I'll need someone to
let me know if the oft delayed invasion of Canada finally happens! g

I never have made it to the RAP party. I will have young kids with me.
Is this simple drinking without any debauchery?

Tom
Old July 22nd 06, 07:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
RST Engineering

Default RAP North 40 Party (Was: AirVenture Checklist(s))

It is kind of hard to debauch in front of several dozen of your best virtual
friends and a lot of their kids.

But drinking??? Hoo, yes.

Jim

Old July 22nd 06, 09:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith

In article ,
Tom McQuinn wrote:

Morgans wrote:
"Tom McQuinn" wrote

laptop (that should give me internet connection)

Tom

OK, it's you job to give the "stuck away from OSH" crowd daily reports,
right? g

And I'm not sure how much news I'll be reading, so I'll need someone to
let me know if the oft delayed invasion of Canada finally happens! g

I never have made it to the RAP party. I will have young kids with me.
Is this simple drinking without any debauchery?

Tom

WARNING! Thread drift... keep the checklist in each posting.
Old July 22nd 06, 11:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_3_]

"Tom McQuinn" wrote

I never have made it to the RAP party. I will have young kids with me.
Is this simple drinking without any debauchery?

Yeah, it is a pretty tame crowd. Maybe a bad word now and then, but no
strings of them put together, and not the really bad words.

People get happy, but not plastered, I would say. This is mostly a "seen 30
something a long time back" group. I know I can't party like I could back
in those days! g

Take 'em along. After all, look at the opportunity to put names with faces.
It is an insight and fun time, like no words can describe, IMHO. They will
respect the kids, I think. I'll bet someone will pipe up, if they don't
agree with me.
--
Jim in NC

Old July 23rd 06, 03:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
.Blueskies.

"Morgans" wrote in message ...
:
: "Tom McQuinn" wrote
:
: I never have made it to the RAP party. I will have young kids with me.
: Is this simple drinking without any debauchery?
:
: Yeah, it is a pretty tame crowd. Maybe a bad word now and then, but no
: strings of them put together, and not the really bad words.
:
: People get happy, but not plastered, I would say. This is mostly a "seen 30
: something a long time back" group. I know I can't party like I could back
: in those days! g
:
: Take 'em along. After all, look at the opportunity to put names with faces.
: It is an insight and fun time, like no words can describe, IMHO. They will
: respect the kids, I think. I'll bet someone will pipe up, if they don't
: agree with me.
: --
: Jim in NC
:

My daughter (12) and wife will be along...

Old July 23rd 06, 04:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
RST Engineering

My daughter (12) and wife will be along...

Snoooooooooooooooooort

Good thing I'm not going to be there this year ... for either other of them

Snoooooooooooooooooort

{;-)

Old July 23rd 06, 05:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_3_]

".Blueskies." wrote

My daughter (12) and wife will be along...

No problem. 12 year olds today listen to music with words that would make
all of us blush. g
--
Jim in NC

Old July 23rd 06, 12:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
.Blueskies.

"RST Engineering" wrote in message ...
:
: My daughter (12) and wife will be along...
:
:
:
:
: Snoooooooooooooooooort
:
:
: Good thing I'm not going to be there this year ... for either other of them
: ...
:

Man, that's for sure!!!

We are heading out this AM. Nicest day I've seen in a long time!

4n0 --- kosh

See you next year...