Good Cessna 421 Shop

Old February 13th 06, 05:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Good Cessna 421 Shop

I am looking for recommendations of good Cessna 421 Shops in the
vicinity of Wisconsin (within a 300 nm radius od KISW would be nice).
Does anyone have any positive experiences to share? By "421 shop", I
mean a shop that has significant experience maintaining 421's and
preferably one where someone at the shop is qualified to test fly it
after maintenance.

-Sami Saydjari
Cessna 421C
N5554G
Old February 13th 06, 04:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 22:09:06 -0600, "O. Sami Saydjari"
wrote:

I am looking for recommendations of good Cessna 421 Shops in the
vicinity of Wisconsin (within a 300 nm radius od KISW would be nice).
Does anyone have any positive experiences to share? By "421 shop", I
mean a shop that has significant experience maintaining 421's and
preferably one where someone at the shop is qualified to test fly it
after maintenance.

TAS Aviation at Defiance, OH (DFI) specializes in twin Cessnas and is
299.7 nm from KISW (if you hop the lake).

http://www.tas-aviation.com/

Old February 14th 06, 03:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

I am looking for recommendations of good Cessna 421 Shops in the vicinity
of Wisconsin (within a 300 nm radius od KISW would be nice). Does anyone
have any positive experiences to share? By "421 shop", I mean a shop that
has significant experience maintaining 421's and preferably one where
someone at the shop is qualified to test fly it after maintenance.

Jet Air (the FBO in both Iowa City, IA and Galesburg, IL) maintains quite a
few twin Cessnas, several of which are 421s, I believe.

180 nm, or 206 -- your choice.

Call 'em at 319-248-1200 here at KIOW for more info.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 14th 06, 11:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

I'd second Jay's recommendation on Jet Air. We've dealt with the
Galesburg guys and they've always been outstanding, whether it was
engine, avionics, or airframe issues.
They are a Cessna Single and Multi-Engine Service Center. I've seen
several twin Cessnas in their shop when we've had our 172 up there.

Galesburg - Contact Jim Ortery, Shop Manager (888) 253 8247
Iowa City - Contact Klay Johnson, Shop Manager (866) 453 8247
http://jetairinc.com

Brock Boss
Student Pilot/Co-Owner
N3916R