On the Cover of the...Flight Journal!

Old June 5th 07, 02:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Default On the Cover of the...Flight Journal!

Okay, so it's not the "Rolling Stone" -- and we can't really see his
face behind the gun sight -- but this group's own Vlado Lenoch is on
the cover of this month's "Flight Journal" magazine, flying a
beautiful Republic P-47 Thunderbolt.

Congrats, Vlado, both on flying the Jug, and the cover! What an
awesome plane!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old June 5th 07, 04:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

("Jay Honeck"wrote)
Okay, so it's not the "Rolling Stone" -- and we can't really see his face
behind the gun sight -- but this group's own Vlado Lenoch is on the cover
of this month's "Flight Journal" magazine, flying a beautiful Republic
P-47 Thunderbolt.

http://www.flightjournal.com/ME2/Default.asp
"Flight Journal" magazine

Montblack

Old June 5th 07, 05:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt

"Montblack" wrote in message
("Jay Honeck"wrote)
Okay, so it's not the "Rolling Stone" -- and we can't really see his face
behind the gun sight -- but this group's own Vlado Lenoch is on the cover
of this month's "Flight Journal" magazine, flying a beautiful Republic
P-47 Thunderbolt.

http://www.flightjournal.com/ME2/Default.asp
"Flight Journal" magazine

I had the joy of participating in a video documentary entitled "Flying the
P-38" hosted by Jeff Ethell, starring the P-38 pictured on the cover. One
of my prized photos is one where they decked me out in flight gear as an
extra and had me get in the cockpit. Jeff said "hand me your camera" and
snapped a picture. They'd brought in some local P-38 vets as authoritative
consultants and they liked what they saw so much that one of them--who had
flown the first Berlin mission in 1944--returned in his Class A's and
invited us all out to dinner.

A month or so later Jeff died flying another P-38 at the same airfield.

Congrats to Mr. Lenoch. Cover photos...hell, even Paris Hilton gets those.
But who gets to fly a P-47 anymore?

-c

Old June 10th 07, 04:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Congrats to Mr. Lenoch. Cover photos...hell, even Paris Hilton gets those.
But who gets to fly a P-47 anymore?

Amen to that, brother.

How many Jugs are even still flying? Four?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Air Show Journal [email protected] Soaring 0 August 21st 06 10:53 PM
Air Show Journal [email protected] Home Built 0 August 21st 06 10:51 PM
Lincoln Lab Journal issue on ATC AES Piloting 0 August 12th 06 12:18 AM
USAFM Friends Journal EDR Piloting 0 February 13th 04 02:19 PM
World Air Power Journal Thomas Schoene Naval Aviation 3 August 14th 03 01:42 AM