"Fly Baby, you violated Class B Airspace"

Old September 4th 07, 06:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Skylune

Default "Fly Baby, you violated Class B Airspace"

On Sep 2, 9:57 pm, Dave wrote:
I think that the lesson to be learned here is that you should never -
ever - respond to anonymous transmissions (for anything short of an
imminent midair). Just ignore 'em

David Johnson

Agreed. Ignore transmissions, flight patterns, ATC instructions. Pay
attention only to Phil Boyer.

Old September 4th 07, 07:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Skylune wrote:
On Sep 2, 9:57 pm, Dave wrote:
I think that the lesson to be learned here is that you should never -
ever - respond to anonymous transmissions (for anything short of an
imminent midair). Just ignore 'em

David Johnson

Agreed. Ignore transmissions, flight patterns, ATC instructions. Pay
attention only to Phil Boyer.

Oh Skylune. All of the things you mentioned above are not anonymous
transmissions. Unlike your posts.

Old September 4th 07, 08:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Orval Fairbairn

In article . com,
Skylune

mouthed a bunch of hay and straw and brayed:

On Sep 2, 9:57 pm, Dave wrote:
I think that the lesson to be learned here is that you should never -
ever - respond to anonymous transmissions (for anything short of an
imminent midair). Just ignore 'em

David Johnson

Agreed. Ignore transmissions, flight patterns, ATC instructions. Pay
attention only to Phil Boyer.

Paying attention to Boyer sure beats paying attention to Skyloon!
Old September 4th 07, 10:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
JGalban via AviationKB.com

Jay Honeck wrote:

File the NASA form, Ron. It's cheap, easy, and may protect you. We
did one, once, when Mary was dumped into Class D by an approach
controller.

Did the feds actually contact you about this, or are you saying that you
filed the form "just in case"? The ATC handbook is pretty clear about
responsibility for Approach dumping someone into a class D. It's their
responsibility to coordinate with the class D tower.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

Old September 5th 07, 02:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike Beede

In article m,
Jay Honeck wrote:

He's not ATC, so there's no rap to take.

Dozens of pilots on 122.8 heard someone say that a Fly Baby violated the Class B
at the south end of Sea-Tac Class B. If ATC *did* notice someone cutting across
the airspace and the FAA started an investigation, no doubt someone might tell
them, "I heard it was a Fly Baby." If the guy making the radio call had been
the guy who cut across, he's just misdirected the investigators.

File the NASA form, Ron. It's cheap, easy, and may protect you. We
did one, once, when Mary was dumped into Class D by an approach
controller.

My understanding is that if you file the form, you're maybe relieved
for the thing you report. How is being relieved of responsibility
for not doing anything (which I presume is what you would
report) going to do any good? The alternative is to say that
you _did_ do something that you didn't. Which seems like an even
worse idea.

Of course, if he decides he might have actually busted class B,
that's a different story, but he seemed pretty certain that wasn't
what happened.

Mike Beede
Old September 5th 07, 12:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y[_2_]

Skylune wrote:

Agreed. Ignore transmissions, flight patterns, ATC instructions. Pay
attention only to Phil Boyer.

Persnonally, I prefer Phil's speeches on auto-repeat via my Ipod and
"Shameful" aftermarket aux. input, through my Bose headset with no aux.
input or bass and treble contols.

Old September 5th 07, 08:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
cjcampbell

On Sep 2, 3:42 pm, Ron Wanttaja wrote:
There I was, flying along fat dumb and happy. I punch the mike button: "Auburn
Traffic, Fly Baby 848 turning downwind for touch-and-go."

A voice comes up: "Fly Baby, you violated Class B Airspace!"

What a jerk. Guess he did not want you to know who he was for a
reason, eh? I would file the ASRS form simply because people like that
are hazards to flight safety -- and the transmission might indicate
that somebody (although not you) might have violated the class B and
is trying to cover it up by blaming it on someone else. The jerk might
also be the sort who would call up ATC and report you. Who knows?
Maybe he thought you cut him off in the pattern and he wanted to get
back at you.

Establishing that there is a pattern of that kind of behavior in the
area might help protect other pilots who are accused of violating the
class B.

Sea-Tac's class B gets violated a lot, though. They don't have any way
of finding out who it is and they usually don't do anything beyond
telling pilots "Don't do that."

Old polish aircraft TS-8 "Bies" ("Bogy") - for sale >pk Aviation Marketplace 0 October 16th 06 07:48 AM
Aviation Conspiracy: Connecticut To Get "Creamed" By Airspace Redesign Change? Free Speaker General Aviation 0 August 8th 06 02:42 PM