Drunk pilots

Old December 11th 06, 04:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Walt

Default Drunk pilots

LOL! I remember many a time when someone in the bar would yell "DEAD
BUG".

I miss those days too. :)

--Walt

Dudley Henriques wrote:
I remember one time in front of the President of the United States; somebody
hollered "Thunderbirds...dead ant!!!"
You wouldn't believe the United States Air Force Thunderbirds... to a
man...down on their butts...arms and legs in the air.
God, I miss the good ole days!!! :-))))
Dudley Henriques

"Christopher Campbell" wrote in message
e.com...
On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 14:14:36 -0800, Dudley Henriques wrote
(in article ):

Hi Walt;

It's indeed a fairly little known fact outside the military aviation
community that we who flew the "smaller" though somewhat "faster" bits of
Plexiglas and aluminum learned all our REAL bad habits from you multi
guys!!
-))))
Dudley

"Walt" wrote in message
ups.com...

Dudley Henriques wrote:
"A Lieberma" wrote in message
. 18...
Mxsmanic wrote in
:

If an aircraft is taxiing out from the ramp and controllers notice

Old December 11th 06, 04:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Walt

I'm not going to get involved in politics here, especially since we
probably agree more than disagree. BZN is getting the radar, like it or
not. Ten years ago it was an uncontrolled airport. It sure shouldn't be
uncontrolled now. Ten years in the future it could very well be Class
C.

The current situation at BZN - one in, one out - isn't working well.
You're right. And, I could tell my own stories about flying in and out
of BZN, but there's no point.

Anyway, perhaps we'll hook up some time. We travel to many of the
fly-ins in Montana during the summer, and I'll look for a V-tail. Take
care, my friend.

--Walt

Newps wrote:
Walt wrote:

That's interesting. I'm familiar with Ameriflight but don't know any of
the pilots.

I don't think the "City Fathers" have much to do with the radar that is
being installed at Gallatin Field.

They have everything to do with it. BZN does not qualify for radar but
the airport authority said we'll pay for it. So you're getting one.
Now who ever pays for it it doesn't matter. What you need to make sure
of as a user is that an approach control runs your airspace, not Salt
Lake Center. If Salt Lake runs the airspace, as they do now, nothing
will change. It's one in or one out. If we here in Billings run it we
will be able to use approach control rules, much more efficient use of
the airspace for you folks. Tell everybody you run into.

I know the controllers at Gallatin Field; some personally, others
because I talk to'em when I fly. To say they are "the worst" is a bit
of a stretch.

I didn't say that but a regular user did. I've flown in there several
times and the stuff they do makes me shake my head. They are not very
good at controlling a pattern. A King Air comes over the mountains from
Livingston and you are landing to the west and the controllers make
every one follow the King Air. Terribly inefficient.

If you fly out of BIL then we are, in Montana, neighbors. We'll have to
hook up some time.

Stop by for a tour at the new tower and see what Conrad got us.
Otherwise head for the mountains and dirt strips and look for the V
Tail, that's me.

Old December 11th 06, 05:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Montblack

("Newps" wrote)
Geez, that's like being a Detroit Lions fan.

Minnesota Vikings .....30
DETROIT LIONS ........20

Montblack-and-blue-division

Old December 11th 06, 05:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Montblack

("Blanche" wrote)
Me? I'm an out-of-work computer geek.

(Q) Blanche, I've been meaning to ask what publications you write for?

(A) Monster.com :-)

Mont-blackballed

Old December 11th 06, 05:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Newps

Walt wrote:

The current situation at BZN - one in, one out - isn't working well.
You're right. And, I could tell my own stories about flying in and out
of BZN, but there's no point.

Believe me it takes locals like you to call your represenatives.
Rehberg is your best bet. Your mayor too. Send an email to HLN FSDO.
We here at BIL have been doing this for years. That's how stuff gets
done, especially in a small state like ours. By the way what do you fly?

Old December 11th 06, 09:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Grumman-581[_1_]

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 08:04:49 -0800, in
.com, sam.trask wrote:
Does anyone know of a good place to eat in Dothan, AL near the a/p? Any
BBQ maybe?

Sorry, but it's not possible to have *real* BBQ in Alabama...
Old December 11th 06, 12:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Walt

Newps wrote:
Walt wrote:

The current situation at BZN - one in, one out - isn't working well.
You're right. And, I could tell my own stories about flying in and out
of BZN, but there's no point.

Believe me it takes locals like you to call your represenatives.
Rehberg is your best bet. Your mayor too. Send an email to HLN FSDO.
We here at BIL have been doing this for years. That's how stuff gets
done, especially in a small state like ours. By the way what do you fly?

Piper Warrior, mostly. I belong to a local flying club. Used to own a
glider but had to sell it to help pay for my daughter's stem cell
transplant.

Do you belong to the Montana Pilots Association? We go to a number of
fly-ins every summer, perhaps we could hook up at one.

--Walt

Old December 11th 06, 03:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Newps

Walt wrote:

Do you belong to the Montana Pilots Association? We go to a number of
fly-ins every summer, perhaps we could hook up at one.

Yes, I am an MPA member. If you are one you should make plans for the
annual work party at Schafer. Third weekend in July, about the 20th
this year. I'll be at Three Forks as well. There's quite a few. I'll
start looking for Warriors.
Old December 11th 06, 03:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Matt Barrow

"Walt" wrote in message
ups.com...

Paul Riley wrote:
DAMN--that all sounds SO familiar!!! :-))))))))

Walt, are you SURE you never flew helicopter gunships in Vietnam???
Sounds
like one of our old rules. :-)))))

Paul

Nope, fixed-wing, AC119K. But we tried desperately to be as crazy as
you guys were.

:)

Ahh, yes! Competition brings out the best in people.

Old December 11th 06, 03:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Blanche

Montblack wrote:
("Blanche" wrote)
Me? I'm an out-of-work computer geek.

(Q) Blanche, I've been meaning to ask what publications you write for?

(A) Monster.com :-)

nah -- I prefer dice.com

The SSA-OLC KM Soaring 65 October 4th 06 02:00 AM
The allure of the skies beckons wannabe pilots. N9NWO Piloting 0 March 8th 05 08:58 PM
Older Pilots and Safety Bob Johnson Soaring 5 May 21st 04 01:08 AM