Fog cancels Blue Angel practice session

Old March 28th 07, 04:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Tom Callahan

Default Fog cancels Blue Angel practice session

You wouldn't know it from the photos I took this morning but there was a
cloud and fog bank moving south to north which caused the Blue Angels to not
practice today. They had suited up, were strapped in, and the engines were
running when the safety officer called off the practice. No big thing.
They go to MacDill AFB in Tampa tomorrow for the weekend show and we'll see
them back here next week.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0700 dpp.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	437.1 KB
ID:	8473
Old March 28th 07, 08:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Martin Hooper

Tom Callahan says...
You wouldn't know it from the photos I took this morning but there was a
cloud and fog bank moving south to north which caused the Blue Angels to not
practice today. They had suited up, were strapped in, and the engines were
running when the safety officer called off the practice. No big thing.
They go to MacDill AFB in Tampa tomorrow for the weekend show and we'll see
them back here next week.

Nice Pic - I wish they'd do a show here in the UK...

Old March 28th 07, 09:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Tom Callahan

Thanks, I think it's good composition and I apologize for putting it up in
such a large size. I didn't realize that I had not saved it as a smaller
file.

The Chamber of Commerce doesn't want them going overseas. The idea is to
fill up our hotels and to let our restaurants make lots of money.
Kidding aside, their mission is to help recruit people to the armed forces.
There isn't too much of a workforce overseas that would be targets for the
recruiters and given the tight budget they work on it's probably hard for
them to get permission to go outside the continental USA. I know last year
they did go to the Netherlands. It apparently was a logistical nightmare
for them. But who knows, maybe they will go to the UK next year, Tom

"Martin Hooper" wrote in message
.uk...
Tom Callahan says...

Old March 29th 07, 07:50 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Harrington

Martin Hooper wrote in
.uk:

Tom Callahan says...
You wouldn't know it from the photos I took this morning but there
was a cloud and fog bank moving south to north which caused the Blue
Angels to not practice today. They had suited up, were strapped in,
and the engines were running when the safety officer called off the
practice. No big thing. They go to MacDill AFB in Tampa tomorrow for
the weekend show and we'll see them back here next week.

Nice Pic - I wish they'd do a show here in the UK...

I've been trying to convince the Red Arrows to drop by Seattle for decades.
So far, no joy... =(

Bob ^,,^
Old March 29th 07, 10:11 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
RustYŠ RustYŠ is offline
Banned

"Bob Harrington" wrote in message
I've been trying to convince the Red Arrows to drop by Seattle for

decades.
So far, no joy... =(

The Blue Angels came to Manchester in the early nineties as I recall. I'm
not into displays, but their close routine was awesome and certainly the
best I had ever seen up until then. It was Woodford Airshow in about 1992 I
think.

Old March 29th 07, 06:40 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Whiley

"RustYŠ" wrote in message

"Bob Harrington" wrote in message
I've been trying to convince the Red Arrows to drop by Seattle for

decades.
So far, no joy... =(

The Blue Angels came to Manchester in the early nineties as I recall. I'm
not into displays, but their close routine was awesome and certainly the
best I had ever seen up until then. It was Woodford Airshow in about 1992
think.

I remember seeing them at Finningley over the Battle of Britain weekend,
also in 1992 I think. The Red Arrows were fogged in back at Scampton, but
the Blue Angels were based on site and got to display as the weather
cleared. Including passes over the crowds and the display static area,
which you don't get these days... and being post-Ramstein, I wasn't
expecting them in those days either!

I also saw the Blue Angels at Ben****ers in 1973, and remember thinking that
the F4 wasn't an obvious choice for formation aerobatics.

It really is high time for a few exchange visits.

--
Dave

not-me should be djw401 and there's no need for any wossname

Old March 29th 07, 09:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

Speaking of Flugtag, here's a picture I found of the memorial of the victims
from August 8, 1988.

--
Chappie

Old March 30th 07, 12:13 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
RustYŠ RustYŠ is offline
Banned

"Dave Whiley" wrote in message
It was Woodford Airshow in about 1992 I think.

I remember seeing them at Finningley over the Battle of Britain weekend,
also in 1992 I think.

Yes it was Finningly that I saw them not Woodford. Searching on Google
shows that Woodford had the Spitfire crash in 1992 and luckily I missed that
one.

Old March 30th 07, 02:42 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

Oops! Maybe I should've attached the pic.

--
Chappie
wrote in message
.. .
Speaking of Flugtag, here's a picture I found of the memorial of the
victims
from August 8, 1988.

--
Chappie

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RamstMemorial3s.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	203.0 KB
ID:	8519

Blue Angel solos landing Tom Callahan Aviation Photos 0 December 27th 06 04:55 PM
Blue Angel down? Rosspilot Piloting 5 December 3rd 04 05:26 AM
Blue Angel Crash/Ejection Yesterday Jim Carriere Naval Aviation 0 December 2nd 04 11:44 PM
Blue Angel F-18 Crashes RA-5C Naval Aviation 0 December 2nd 04 05:16 AM
F/A-18A Navy Blue Angel Hornet on Ebay Michael 182 Piloting 1 February 16th 04 05:08 PM