Errors accessing FAA's Pilotweb

Old February 1st 09, 05:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jon

Default Errors accessing FAA's Pilotweb

On Feb 1, 9:25*am, "Viperdoc" wrote:
As usual, you answered your own question- no one else has difficulty getting
access to the information- even though you claim to be a computer expert.
Why didn't you try to work out the problem first before posting your own
personal issues, even though you're not a pilot and have no need for the
information or access to the weather information?

It took less time to click the two or three buttons and the exception
was added, and up popped the information.

Much ado about nothing, made into something, by no one in particular.
Old February 1st 09, 07:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Morgans writes:

So don't try, if you didn't expect to get any useful answers.

Read the entire sentence, not just the first part.

YES it DOES hurt to try. Every time you show up asking stupid questions, it
hurts the group.

Asking about access to an official FAA site is hardly a stupid question. It
was followed by a long series of stupid replies, though--but that's not my
problem.

Does it not bother you, that this used to be one of the
most posted to groups on usenet, and now, more than a year after you showed
up, there are only a few posts per day, and most of them are to fuss at you?

I've learned over the years that there is no cure for stupidity. You cannot
educate stupid people into being smarter. It's frustrating but I've accepted
that there's nothing that I can do about it. The kiddies will always whine.

Is that all you want out of life? For people to fuss at you?

I'd like intelligent conversation, but that requires people who are
intelligent, and they are rare.

That is all you get here. Always.

No, I do get intelligent replies from time to time.

The ones that did not leave from you directly, left
because they could not deal with all the people fussing about you being
here.

Well, that's hardly my problem. Maybe if they grew up and started discussing
aviation again, nobody would be leaving.

This newsgroup nearly being dead is on you. You are intruisive. You are
like cancer, eating on good cells, causing them to die away. Directly, or
indirectly, you have to admit it. It is all on you.

I had to smile reading this. Do you ever wonder where the real problem might
be?

Yes, that is true. Yes, they may visit, but they will not stay, once they
see that this group is such a mess, with your disruptive presence.

If you look at this thread, it's pretty easy to see where the disruption comes
from, and it's not me.

Can you think of one new pilot that has stayed, except to give you grief?

I don't keep records.

Don't stay, if you really like piloting. You kill pilot's love for talking
about it, here.

It's not me. I don't know why I bother to say it since it has no effect on
you, but I'm addicted to the truth, I guess.

You are a murderer.

You killed the group, either directly, or indirectly.

Leave, and find some other place to talk about flying if you really do like
it so much.

Some people here would do well to read 14 CFR 67.307(a)(1), if they are
pilots.
Old February 1st 09, 07:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Viperdoc writes:

... you'll never be a member of the treehouse or any other club ...

That's fine. I'm not interested in little boys.
Old February 1st 09, 07:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

writes:

Viewing a FAA web site was never a "problem".

It is with Firefox 3.
Old February 1st 09, 07:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Jon writes:

It took less time to click the two or three buttons and the exception
was added, and up popped the information.

It's the careful thinking about making the exception that takes up the time,
not the exception itself. This assumes, of course, that careful thinking is
undertaken.
Old February 1st 09, 08:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Viperdoc[_6_]

You didn't ask about the FAA website, you asked why you couldn't access it
with your cobbled together computer.

Get a clue.

Of course you won't. Perhaps you could tell us why you can't find or hold a
job, or why you were booted from the Leica use forum.

Old February 1st 09, 08:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Viperdoc[_6_]

That's fine. I'm not interested in little boys.

Who said anything about little boys? You must have them on your mind.

Old February 1st 09, 09:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Beauciphus

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
writes:

Viewing a FAA web site was never a "problem".

It is with Firefox 3.

It appears that you don't understand security.