One Man Rigger for Standard Cirrus with Eberle Trailer?

Old February 26th 17, 08:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default One Man Rigger for Standard Cirrus with Eberle Trailer?

Because of the way the trailer opens, you have to walk the wingtip out so low that a standard one-man rigger doesn't work. Does anyone know of a one-man rigger that'll work for a Standard Cirrus and Eberle trailer?

Thanks in advance!

Chuck
Old February 26th 17, 11:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Chuck

I built one for my Cirrus/Eberle. Check out the STD Cirrus yahoo site. Look under albums "N230XF"

Lane
Old February 26th 17, 11:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Roy B.

Chuck:
The trick with that type of trailer is to build a really good/stable fuselage dolly that allows you to get the fuselage off of and away from the back of the trailer. With that you can elevate the rear of the trailer and use a regular one man rigger.
ROY

Old February 27th 17, 02:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Scott Williams

Chuck,
Roy B is right unless your door hinges down. My Pheifer/eberle style side hinged door allows the use of a typical M&M wing rigger. But a good fuselage dolly and a longer rail/ramp would be a plus.

Scott W. N8915
Old February 27th 17, 02:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sunday, February 26, 2017 at 5:00:12 PM UTC-6, wrote:
Chuck

I built one for my Cirrus/Eberle. Check out the STD Cirrus yahoo site. Look under albums "N230XF"

Lane

Thanks Lane. I requested membership on the site but it's not been approved yet. I'll check it out as soon as it's approved.

Thank you!
Old February 27th 17, 05:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

On Sunday, February 26, 2017 at 3:02:37 PM UTC-8, Roy B. wrote:
Chuck:
The trick with that type of trailer is to build a really good/stable fuselage dolly that allows you to get the fuselage off of and away from the back of the trailer. With that you can elevate the rear of the trailer and use a regular one man rigger.
ROY

That is one trick.
You can also convert the trailer to having a ramp like Cobra and Komet trailers.
And gas struts to lift the lid if you like.
The Eberle H201 trailer that was owned by Frank Donnelly was like that.
Jim

Looking for an Eberle trailer door SoaringXCellence Soaring 4 August 11th 16 05:08 AM
Eberle Trailer without Spring Assist Bob Soaring 3 April 22nd 14 11:34 PM
weight of an Eberle trailer raymond herr Soaring 3 November 27th 11 06:20 PM
Eberle trailer wheel rims Bob Soaring 7 November 25th 11 05:39 PM
Standard Cirrus Walt Connelly Soaring 23 March 20th 11 03:14 AM