LX1606 NMEA sentences

Old January 8th 11, 06:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gabriel Duford

Default LX1606 NMEA sentences

Hi,
I can't find any clear information on what NMEA sentences the LX1606 will output to the PDA. I understand it will echo what it receives from the GPS source (including FLARM if available). But, will it add some vario information as well? Things like:
- TAS
- Barometric altitude
- TE info
- etc.

Thanks,

gabriel
Old January 8th 11, 07:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

On Jan 8, 10:54*am, Gabriel Duford wrote:
Hi,
I can't find any clear information on what NMEA sentences the LX1606 will output to the PDA. I understand it will echo what it receives from the GPS source (including FLARM if available). But, will it add some vario information as well? Things like:
- TAS
- Barometric altitude
- TE info
- etc.

Thanks,

gabriel

Gabriel,

LX 1606 receives NMEA position data from GPS source which is connected
to LX 1606
(Colibri, LX20…etc.) Flarm data if a Flarm or PowerFlarm is the GPS
source
NMEA format 4800, 9600,19200,38400 bps (auto detected)

LX 1606 sends to the PDA beside NMEA additional data sentences
including TAS,
pressure altitude, serial number, Mc, Flarm information.

The PDA Software has two pages to control the LX 1606

For more information see:

http://www.craggyaero.com/lx_vario.htm

Thanks,

Richard