A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Updated US Sectional Charts for SeeYou, etc.

Old April 3rd 12, 05:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2KA
external usenet poster

Default Updated US Sectional Charts for SeeYou, etc.

Hello All,

Updated raster sectional charts in CMR format (for SeeYou) and georeferenced TIFF format (for Global Mapper, Google Earth, etc.) are available on my website at http://www.soaringdata.info for the following locations:

- Atlanta
- Billings
- Dallas-Ft. Worth
- Halifax
- Houston
- Las Vegas
- Montreal
- San Fransisco

Sectionals posted previously on my site for other locations are still current as of the latest charting cycle.

These sectionals are currently free and freely reproducible. However the AeroNav division of the FAA has proposed a scheme to start charging for digital charts, which has been discussed in other threads in this forum. The current predictions for pricing and restrictive licensing are such that my continued publication of digital sectionals will likely not remain viable. So get 'em while they're hot.

Note that I should still be able to continue to provide airspace and airport data in formats that support most glide computers and planning software for the forseeable future. For now, anyway, there is no plan by the FAA to restrict redistribution of that.

Happy Downloading!

Lynn Alley
"2KA"