Updated US Sectional Charts for SeeYou, etc.

Old April 3rd 12, 05:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2KA

Default Updated US Sectional Charts for SeeYou, etc.

Hello All,

Updated raster sectional charts in CMR format (for SeeYou) and georeferenced TIFF format (for Global Mapper, Google Earth, etc.) are available on my website at http://www.soaringdata.info for the following locations:

- Atlanta
- Billings
- Dallas-Ft. Worth
- Halifax
- Houston
- Las Vegas
- Montreal
- San Fransisco

Sectionals posted previously on my site for other locations are still current as of the latest charting cycle.

These sectionals are currently free and freely reproducible. However the AeroNav division of the FAA has proposed a scheme to start charging for digital charts, which has been discussed in other threads in this forum. The current predictions for pricing and restrictive licensing are such that my continued publication of digital sectionals will likely not remain viable. So get 'em while they're hot.

Note that I should still be able to continue to provide airspace and airport data in formats that support most glide computers and planning software for the forseeable future. For now, anyway, there is no plan by the FAA to restrict redistribution of that.

Happy Downloading!

Lynn Alley
"2KA"