Is Wings And Wheels 'contact the seller' form actually working?

Old June 17th 20, 12:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default Is Wings And Wheels 'contact the seller' form actually working?

On Tuesday, June 16, 2020 at 1:39:40 PM UTC-6, wrote:
Elder abuse

Maybe he's selling it because someone gave him 'the talk'.
Old June 17th 20, 02:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Tuesday, June 16, 2020 at 4:04:51 PM UTC-7, Frank Whiteley wrote:
On Tuesday, June 16, 2020 at 1:39:40 PM UTC-6, wrote:
Elder abuse

Maybe he's selling it because someone gave him 'the talk'.

I can attest that I am not getting inquiries forwarded to my email of record (in the past I was). I found this out when one person texted me to check my messages. When I did I not only found his message but several others as well that never got forwarded to my email. I now have to check my messages on W&W daily just like my email. If they raise their prices I may have to take my business someplace else!

Tom

Old June 17th 20, 06:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Marton KSz

Reached the owner via email (got it from a RAS user), the response was immediate. So I'm assuming something's wrong with the W&W message delivery system or with the email address where the messages are supposed to be forwarded?
Unfortunately the sale is already pending.
Old June 17th 20, 06:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Marton KSz

And something is apparently wrong with google groups too, as many of us cannot post, haha
Old June 17th 20, 12:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

On Wednesday, June 17, 2020 at 1:38:23 AM UTC-4, Marton KSz wrote:
And something is apparently wrong with google groups too, as many of us cannot post, haha

They seemed to have had a glitch last night during which all Google groups were down. All good now.

Uli
'AS'
Old June 18th 20, 07:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Tuesday, June 16, 2020 at 7:57:24 PM UTC-6, 2G wrote:
On Tuesday, June 16, 2020 at 4:04:51 PM UTC-7, Frank Whiteley wrote:
On Tuesday, June 16, 2020 at 1:39:40 PM UTC-6, wrote:
Elder abuse

Maybe he's selling it because someone gave him 'the talk'.

I can attest that I am not getting inquiries forwarded to my email of record (in the past I was). I found this out when one person texted me to check my messages. When I did I not only found his message but several others as well that never got forwarded to my email. I now have to check my messages on W&W daily just like my email. If they raise their prices I may have to take my business someplace else!

Tom

I find there can be issues with certain freemail providers. Hotmail AKA MSN.com AKA outlook.com, etc, can be problematic. I have issues with virgina..edu e-mails, but guess what, they are hosted by Microsoft, as are several other businesses and universites. Then there's Earthlink, and several domains hosted there also, including the classic ix.netcom.com. Most play by the RFCs created by the IETF, but some clearly don't and don't like some hosting companies. Nor do they use good spam blocking methods. YMMV by a long way.

Frank
Old June 18th 20, 12:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Most play by the RFCs created by the IETF, but some clearly don't and don't like some hosting companies.

One spam mitigation plan is to drop mail from minor or unkown mail providers. (Think whitelist/blacklist for mail servers sourcing the traffic.) Where do the mail headers show the mail came from for something that did get thru the 'contact seller' path?

Wings & Wheels moved Sean Franke Soaring 3 December 21st 18 01:56 AM
wings & wheels Boise Pilot Soaring 8 February 15th 15 04:44 AM
Wings and Wheels Greg Delp Soaring 24 November 13th 14 10:20 PM
Wings & Wheels is moving! Tim[_10_] Soaring 14 November 18th 13 10:49 PM
Wings & Wheels Want Ads Sean Franke Soaring 2 November 16th 13 01:20 PM