New Identifier For Pierce County Airport (Thun Field)

Old January 20th 07, 03:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
RL Anderson

Default New Identifier For Pierce County Airport (Thun Field)

Greetings All,

Yesterday, Jan 18, a whole lot of identifiers were added/changed. In
the event that anyone is flying to South Puget Sound area, in the
vicinity of Tacoma Washington, the identifier of Pierce County Airport
(Thun Field), has changed.

The old identifier was: 1S0
The new identifier is: PLU

http://www.faa.gov/airports_airtraff...irport_safety/
airportdata_5010/nfdcmodificationsairports.cfm

Apologize for the broken link. Just thought I'd pass it on to everyone.

Rick

Old January 20th 07, 05:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Milen Lazarov

On 2007-01-20, RL Anderson wrote:

Yesterday, Jan 18, a whole lot of identifiers were added/changed. In
the event that anyone is flying to South Puget Sound area, in the
vicinity of Tacoma Washington, the identifier of Pierce County Airport
(Thun Field), has changed.

The old identifier was: 1S0
The new identifier is: PLU

http://www.faa.gov/airports_airtraff...irport_safety/
airportdata_5010/nfdcmodificationsairports.cfm

Rick

Plus a new GPS approach:

http://www.airnav.com/depart?http://...1/09104G34.PDF
Old January 20th 07, 07:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Don Tuite

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 20:51:56 -0800, Milen Lazarov

On 2007-01-20, RL Anderson wrote:

Yesterday, Jan 18, a whole lot of identifiers were added/changed. In
the event that anyone is flying to South Puget Sound area, in the
vicinity of Tacoma Washington, the identifier of Pierce County Airport
(Thun Field), has changed.

The old identifier was: 1S0
The new identifier is: PLU

Is it that closely associated with Pacific Lutheran University?

Don

Old January 20th 07, 07:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Fry

You can request the ICAO identifier change if you own the airport.
The FAA will send you a long list of IDs given your region, and you
can select one from the list. Thus University Airport at Davis,
California (home of a University of California campus) changed from
the confusing 0O5 (zero oscar five) to the much more useful KEDU.

Followups redirected from the inappropriate r.a.piloting to r.a.misc.
--
Behind every successful man is a woman, behind her is his wife.
Groucho Marx
Old January 20th 07, 09:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

("Bob Fry" wrote)
You can request the ICAO identifier change if you own the airport. The FAA
will send you a long list of IDs given your region, and you can select one
from the list. Thus University Airport at Davis, California (home of a
University of California campus) changed from the confusing 0O5 (zero
oscar five) to the much more useful KEDU.

Followups redirected from the inappropriate r.a.piloting to r.a.misc.

Hey! How'd you do that?

All I saw was R.A.P in the header. Yet, when I clicked 'Reply to Group' it
took me to r.a.misc. (I manually deleted r.a.misc and added back R.A.P)

Very cool trick Bob. I was impressed.

Montblack

Old January 20th 07, 09:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

("RL Anderson" wrote)
http://www.faa.gov/airports_airtraff...irport_safety/
airportdata_5010/nfdcmodificationsairports.cfm

Apologize for the broken link. Just thought I'd pass it on to everyone.

Try these: ( )
http://www.faa.gov/airports_airtraffic/airports/airport_safety/airportdata_5010/nfdcmodificationsairports.cfm

Sometimes they help.

Montblack g

Old January 20th 07, 05:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Fry

"MB" == Montblack writes:
Followups redirected from the inappropriate r.a.piloting to
r.a.misc.

MB Hey! How'd you do that?

In your newsreader, select the option to look at all the header
lines. Look for the line Followup-To: rec.aviation.misc.
--
Whatever doesn't kill me makes me stronger. Not lifting weights
doesn't kill me. Therefore not lifting weights makes me stronger.