Need VOR indicator

Old July 9th 07, 09:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.owning
blanche cohen

Default Need VOR indicator

For those of you upgrading and have excess equipment....
my VOR/GS/LOC indicator died and I'm looking for one of the following:

GI 106A
KI 209
ND 200-306

It's got to talk to an SL30.

Remove the Dark Matter (the blackhole) to respond by email. Or
just post here, that's good too.

thanks

Old July 18th 07, 02:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.owning
Blanche

Blanche wrote:
john smith wrote:
(blanche cohen) wrote:

For those of you upgrading and have excess equipment....
my VOR/GS/LOC indicator died and I'm looking for one of the following:

GI 106A
KI 209
ND 200-306

It's got to talk to an SL30.

Is this the same indicator you wrote about that would not give the
right/left indications on the ILS?

Yup. After extensive talks with Salem, OR (home of Apollo...er...GarminAT)
the consensus is that the MC60 doesn't play well with too many
NAV/COM. So I'm going to move the MC60 to play with the TKM MX12 (which
means it *better* play well, since it's the same company) and
get one of the three above. According to the folks in Salem, they've
only tested it with these three and a Collins unit.

And after playing with everything again, I've discovered two interesting
facts. One is documented in the SL30 user guide (and it never sunk it,
but then, I never needed it): when
on backcourse, the VOR indicator is dark, which makes sense,
since it would be very confusing to have 2 indicators going
in opposite directions.

The second, which I cannot find anything related in the manual:
I've discovered what appears to be to problem/solution to not
seeing the LOC on approach. I've had the 2nd NAV freq (the
one on standby) selected to monitor the freq. This turns the
LOC off, yet keeps the GS active on the VOR indicator.

so - the SL30 *does* play well with the MC60 afterall. I just
need to remember to NOT turn on "monitor 2nd NAV" while on
approach. I've sent a note to Garmin/AT to ask if this is normal
or did something get wired wrong.

Old July 18th 07, 03:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.owning
El Maximo

"Blanche" wrote in message

WOW!

A zero AMU radio fix!

Old July 23rd 07, 04:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.owning
Jim Macklin

Strange how many pilots never really study their AFM and all
the supplements.

That is why those silly PTS require applicants to
demonstrate the proper use of all the equipment installed.