Bucher Jungmann

Old October 4th 03, 04:40 AM
Robert Bonomi

In article ,
Rich S. wrote:

"Robert Bonomi" bonomi@c-ns. wrote in message
hlink.net...
In article ,
Rich S. wrote:

Anybody know who's flying the yellow Bucher Jungmann around the Port
Orchard, WA area?

The obvious, if not particularly useful, response to that question is:
"The pilot". *grin*

Do you write software documentation? )

The -original- version of that gag comes from your territory.

It seems that a couple of guys are flying in a helo, in the Redmond
vicinity, when a pea-souper of a fog suddenly comes in. The pilot
carefully descends, until he's in sight of the ground, next to a large
office building. grabs a marker and notepad, out of the flight case,
scribbles a big sign, and holds it up to the view of the people in
the building "Where Am I?" he asks. Somebody inside, nods emphatically,
grabs a marker, writes, and holds up the following response: "You are
in a helicopter." The pilot gives them a thumbs up, pulls back up into
the zero-visibility realm, puts the stick hard over, flys 'blind' for
several minuted, and descends _right_at_ the airport. *GREATLY* to the
amazement of his passenger. "How'd you do that?" he asks. Pilot explains:

"Well, that answer to 'where am i?", while technically accurate, was,
in reality, absolutely useless; thus I knew that that _had_ to be the
MicroSoft 'technical support' facility, and, from that, I knew _exactly_
where I was, relative to the airport."

A serious answer to your question, is "yes, occasionally". However, I was
raised by professional journalists -- my mother held the position of
*editor*in*chief* of a commercial newspaper at age 16, and my dad was
with a national wire-service for years. I've also done some reporting --
my _second_ assignment ended up as a full column on the front page of the
NY Times. With that kind of background, when I _do_ write manuals, they
tend to be clear and informative. I also know the difference between a
'tutorial' and a 'reference manual', and structure appropriately to the
intended use.

See what happens when you ask a sm*rt-*ss question? guffaw

Old October 4th 03, 06:01 AM
Rich S.

"Robert Bonomi" bonomi@c-ns. wrote in message
news
The obvious, if not particularly useful, response to that question is:
"The pilot". *grin*

Do you write software documentation? )

The -original- version of that gag comes from your territory.

I gnü that..... ;-}

Rich S.

Old October 4th 03, 09:09 AM
Barnyard BOb --

Almost right spelling ----BUECKER--- that is if you want the correct Swiss
German spelling.
Emil

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thank yew, Emil, but no thanx.
Too much fun being had right now.

Save this for later. g

Barnyard BOb --

Old October 4th 03, 04:33 PM
Rich S.

"Barnyard BOb --" wrote in message

Almost right spelling ----BUECKER--- that is if you want the correct

Swiss
German spelling.
Emil

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thank yew, Emil, but no thanx.
Too much fun being had right now.

Save this for later. g
Barnyard BOb --

I have noticed in the past that Germans and/or Swiss who live over a hundred
miles apart seldom agree on the correct spelling or pronunciation of words.
Many times they cannot read each other's written words. Ask one to translate
a few German words written on a stein for example, and you'll get excuses
like, "Oh, that's written in High German. I'm not sure what it means."

Rich "And we thought America was culturally diverse" S.