New student pilot

Old September 10th 07, 05:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

Default New student pilot

"Dallas" wrote

I'm guessing that 70% of the pilots in this group have MSFS on their
computers and I'd bet most would say they use it to maintain proficiency.

I fail to see how this is off topic in any way.

Let's not let the troll whose name we shall not speak make us too
sensitive
about the subject.

You are correct, about being too sensitive, because of "you know who."

I suppose there was a little of that going on, with my response. I'll try
not to be so quick to jump, next time.
--
Jim in NC

Old September 10th 07, 10:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Vaughn Simon

"Russ and/or Martha Oppenheim" wrote in message
Actually, between the 152 and the 172 I also prefer the 152.

Me too! I come from the sailplane world and that may explain the
difference.

If I need to go somewhere or take someone along, I will probably rent a
172. But for proficiency flying or just making airplane-shaped holes in the
sky, I greatly prefer the 152.

Vaughn

Old September 11th 07, 07:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ricky

On Sep 10, 12:55 am, "Russ and/or Martha Oppenheim"
wrote:

The little airfield has hangars to rent, and also a
flight school. Very convenient. When I fly GA I rent planes from a flight
school at New Braunfels (Texas) Municipal Airport.

Martha

Hi,

I'm in Waco (not too far north of New Braunfels) and have long desired
to fly an ultralight.
I did my initial private lessons at New Braunfels.
I'm wondering where in or near New Braunfels do you learn to fly and/
or rent an ultralight. What is the approx. cost per hour?

Thanks,

Ricky

Old September 12th 07, 01:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
David Kazdan

Everyone, everyone lighten up! I responded privately and there was no
offense taken.

I've had my certificate eight years now and trust me--everything I know
(well, an awful lot of it) came from the community of these news groups.

David

Morgans wrote:
"Dallas" wrote

I'm guessing that 70% of the pilots in this group have MSFS on their
computers and I'd bet most would say they use it to maintain proficiency.

I fail to see how this is off topic in any way.

Let's not let the troll whose name we shall not speak make us too
sensitive
about the subject.

You are correct, about being too sensitive, because of "you know who."

I suppose there was a little of that going on, with my response. I'll try
not to be so quick to jump, next time.

Student Pilot & skydivers [email protected] Piloting 24 February 7th 06 03:17 AM
Yet another student pilot blog [email protected] Piloting 0 March 24th 05 04:26 PM
Student Pilot equipment John Stevens Piloting 31 May 31st 04 03:04 AM
Student Pilot at 50 TF Piloting 31 March 16th 04 12:58 AM
Student Pilot Patrick Piloting 1 August 7th 03 05:38 AM