Hangarqueens old school

Old September 3rd 09, 07:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Hero for Hire

Default Hangarqueens old school

Hi Folks,
Sorry for the lack of a binary.
While I was working on the F15 flightline, a hangar queen was a completely
canabalized aircraft. Because of some pencil actuator(officer) we would
work 16 hour shifts for reasons only a paper-cutee(officer) could possibly
understand.
We would park a flying F15 next to the HQ. We then would pull all required
parts from the flyer and install them in the HQ. We then would preform all
required checks, engine run..etc and get it ready for a flight.
Then some flight suit insert(officer) who lost a bet would come out and do
an FCF.(Functional check flight).
When the aircraft landed, we would park it right back where it was. We then
would take all the parts out of the aircraft and turn it into a hangar
queen again. Idiots(officers) could not understand why it would be best
just to let the former HQ fly. The king fool(officer) would always want
the same tail number to remain a HQ.
All this because some mental midget(officer) decided his promotion was
dependant upon having all aircraft fly every 60 days or some such crap. So
while we work 16 hour shifts this scumbag(officer) would be home with his
family.
After 20 years the definition of hangar queen is finally begining to
change.
Thank you all for helping.

Ken.

(PS: about the 16 hour shifts, they were normal. Of course the admin-
chair-insert(officer) would only permit us to write 12 hours down on our
MDCFs. (Maintenance Data Collection Form... Another tool for non-workers
(officers) to achieve promotions)
Old September 3rd 09, 10:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Stephen James[_2_]

On 03 Sep 2009 18:21:19 GMT, Hero for Hire wrote:

[...]

Sounds like a brilliant way of keeping your skill levels up to
standard. Re-fitting a HQ for flight would certainly have kept you and
your fellow workers familiar with the aircraft's systems and
components.
Never know when these skills may have to be used in a hostile
environment.
Well done by your officers, a good training exercise.

Old September 4th 09, 04:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
nice guy

Did you ever ask why?

Old September 6th 09, 06:05 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Al[_4_]

Ken,

I think this had to do with having a certain number or certain
percentage of operational aircraft in one's squadron. I that number or
percentage were surpassed it made that REMF look good.

Al

[...]

Any hangarqueens? michael sparcella[_3_] Aviation Photos 8 November 14th 07 07:05 PM
hangarqueens michael johnson[_2_] Aviation Photos 0 July 7th 07 03:06 PM
hangarqueens michael johnson Aviation Photos 3 July 4th 07 10:47 PM
hangarqueens Colin Aviation Photos 22 July 2nd 07 01:33 AM
hangarqueens michael sparcella Aviation Photos 1 June 16th 07 04:07 AM