Data Plate Exemption Letter

Old October 10th 03, 09:12 PM
Steve Bralla

Default Data Plate Exemption Letter

SSA faxed me a copy of the Data Plate Exemption Letter. (The pdf file shows as
damaged when I tried to download it off the SSA web site.)
When I read the letter, it expired last year (October 30, 2002). Where can I
get a current copy?
Thanks,
Steve
Old October 10th 03, 10:50 PM
BTIZ

I think there is only an "extension letter" which extends the original
letter.. should be a matter of record with SSA (I know.. bad pdf file)

BT

Old October 11th 03, 06:16 AM
Duane Eisenbeiss

"BTIZ" wrote in message
I think there is only an "extension letter" which extends the original
letter.. should be a matter of record with SSA (I know.. bad pdf file)

BT

The "bad .pdf file" problem was reported to the SSA office and to Steve
Brown by me well over a year ago and by many others since then. No one
connected with the web site seems to understand what a "bad .pdf file"
means. Or else don't really care. To those of use using the web site, it
means that you cannot get a copy of that important document from the web
site. If you care to look for yourself it is found under Government
News/Data Plate Exemption from the SSA main page.

Duane

Old October 11th 03, 01:12 PM
Chip Fitzpatrick

I'll follow up with the SSA office to get the file issue corrected.
This is the first I've known of the issue. Please let me know of any
other problems.

Chip Fitzpatrick
Region 2 Director
Web Content committee
Old October 11th 03, 02:01 PM
Ray Lovinggood

I notified the SSA some months ago about the problem.
I sent an e-mail, but I don't remember to which person,
telling them of the bad file.

I could download the original exemption letter, but
not the extension letter.

Later, I sent another e-mail to Member Services, I
think, (or did I telephone them? I suffer from CRS...)
requesting the letter by fax, e-mail, or snail mail
and they mailed me the original letter and the extension
letter.

So, someone in the SSA should have known about the
file problem for some time.

I don't mind if they know there is a problem and they
have plans to fix it. What I do mind is they don't
have a statement on the web stating they know there
is a problem and will expect to have it fixed by a
certain date. Even if the date is a year from now,
at least they would be acknowledging the problem.
Since they can fax or mail the letters, it shouldn't
be a big problem for us, the members. We just don't
have the convienence of using the web for receiving
it right now.

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA

Old October 11th 03, 04:25 PM
Steve Bralla

SSA faxed me a copy of the Data Plate Exemption Letter. (The pdf file shows
as damaged when I tried to download it off the SSA web site.)
When I read the letter, it expired last year (October 30, 2002). Where can I

get a current copy?
Thanks,
Steve

I was sent a copy of the current letters
Thanks Ivan

Steve
Old October 12th 03, 04:53 AM
BTIZ

when I "right mouse click, save target as" on the extension letter, and then
try to open it after it is downloaded.. the extension letter is bad.pdf

for the original exemption letter.. it comes through ok..

BT

Old October 12th 03, 08:16 PM
RHWOODY

maybe someone can publish this
letter on ras for all to copy?
Old October 13th 03, 02:22 AM
Andy Blackburn

Try this for a zip file with the original letter and the extension through 2004.

http://www.gliderforum.com/thread-vi...id=813&posts=1

9B

Legal question PMA Home Built 9 January 14th 05 03:52 AM
Pirep: Garmin GPSMAP 296 versus 295. (very long) Jon Woellhaf Piloting 12 September 4th 04 11:55 PM
Ice meteors, climate, sceptics Brian Sandle General Aviation 43 February 24th 04 12:27 AM
FS: 1984 "The Nonsuch" (Sailing Vessel) Lim Ed Collector Plate in Ontario J.R. Sinclair Aviation Marketplace 0 February 15th 04 05:57 AM
Mfg Data Plate Question Carl Orton Owning 9 November 6th 03 12:12 AM