Ky. man arrested after shooting down $1,800 drone hovering oversunbathing daughter

Old October 28th 15, 04:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.misc
Terry Welshans

Default Ky. man arrested after shooting down $1,800 drone hovering oversunbathing daughter

Case Dismissed Against William H. Merideth, Kentucky Man Arrested For Shooting Down Drone

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...ooting-n452281

The case against a Kentucky man who was arrested after shooting down his neighbor's drone was dismissed on Monday.

William H. Merideth was cleared of first-degree endangerment and criminal mischief charges Monday when a judge ruled he had the right to shoot down David Boggs' drone.

"I think it's credible testimony that his drone was hovering from anywhere, for two or three times over these people's property, that it was an invasion of their privacy and that they had the right to shoot this drone," Bullitt County Judge Rebecca Ward said, according to NBC affiliate WAVE.

Merideth was arrested in July and admitted to shooting down the drone. He told NBC News at the time that the device was flying near his yard and he "had no way of knowing (if) it was a predator looking at my children."

"I feel good. I feel vindicated," Merideth said Monday. "I was being watched. It was an invasion of privacy and I just, I wouldn't have put up with it no more," he told the station.