Drunk pilots

Old December 10th 06, 05:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Scott Post

Default Drunk pilots

In article ,
Jon Kraus wrote:

It is CAVU here in Indiana today... how about Mississippi?

Wife and I flew a Cub from Kokomo to Noblesville yesterday with a
stiff South wind. Made 37 knots ground speed down, 92 back. Woulda
been faster to drive, but not nearly as fun.

--
Scott Post
Old December 10th 06, 05:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Blanche

And eastern Colorado is fantastic -- until late this evening.
Temps are expected to be in the 60s out here on the plains. And
Official Winter is only 11 days away.

Of course this time last year, we were below 0F.

Global warming, El Nino, whatever.

Old December 10th 06, 05:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Wade Hasbrouck

"Walt" wrote in message
ps.com...
Y'know, that used to be true, but three weeks ago I bought a brand new
12" dobsonian telescope and it's been cloudy around here ever since.
Darn thing's been sitting here in my office while I wait for the
weather to clear up.

Tonight may be the night. :)

--Walt

CAVU here in Montana too. I just might stay sober and go flying today.
:)

--Walt

Where in Montana are you? I grew up in Great Falls, and went to college in
Bozeman. I live in Seattle now.

I have a 10" Mead LX200GPS "Cloud Magnet." Sitting here in Seattle waiting
for clouds to go away as it is "M42 Season" and M31 is straight over head.
:-) Hoping to get a better picture of the Horsehead this year.

Old December 10th 06, 05:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Newps

Walt wrote:

Yeah, being a Bobcat fan I've always found Missoula to be a pretty
dreary place. :)

Geez, that's like being a Detroit Lions fan.

Fun place to fly into though if you're coming from Bozeman. Just follow
I-90, skim the hills just east of town, fly over Grizzlie Stadium, and
you're set up for a straight-in to 29 at KMSO. With tower approval, of
course.

They are non FAA and not too sharp.
Old December 10th 06, 05:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Walt

Wade Hasbrouck wrote:
"Walt" wrote in message
ps.com...
Y'know, that used to be true, but three weeks ago I bought a brand new
12" dobsonian telescope and it's been cloudy around here ever since.
Darn thing's been sitting here in my office while I wait for the
weather to clear up.

Tonight may be the night. :)

--Walt

CAVU here in Montana too. I just might stay sober and go flying today.
:)

--Walt

Where in Montana are you? I grew up in Great Falls, and went to college in
Bozeman. I live in Seattle now.

I have a 10" Mead LX200GPS "Cloud Magnet." Sitting here in Seattle waiting
for clouds to go away as it is "M42 Season" and M31 is straight over head.
:-) Hoping to get a better picture of the Horsehead this year.

We live a few miles south of Bozeman. Dark skies, great viewing.

That is, until I bought this darn telescope. :)

--Walt

Old December 10th 06, 06:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Walt

Newps wrote:
Walt wrote:

Yeah, being a Bobcat fan I've always found Missoula to be a pretty
dreary place. :)

Geez, that's like being a Detroit Lions fan.

Fun place to fly into though if you're coming from Bozeman. Just follow
I-90, skim the hills just east of town, fly over Grizzlie Stadium, and
you're set up for a straight-in to 29 at KMSO. With tower approval, of
course.

They are non FAA and not too sharp.

Gallatin Field is a contract tower too. Had kind of a rocky start but
they're doing okay now. The times I've flown into KMSO I didn't have
any problems. Of course, it's not real busy there either.

--Walt

Old December 10th 06, 06:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
N2310D

"Wade Hasbrouck" wrote in message

I have a 10" Mead LX200GPS "Cloud Magnet." Sitting here in Seattle
waiting for clouds to go away as it is "M42 Season" and M31 is straight
over head. :-) Hoping to get a better picture of the Horsehead this year.

With a 10" telescope? I do most of my nebula photos with a 300mm lens on my
Canon -- although I do have it strapped to my C-8 Celestron and use that
with the equatorial drive to chase a guide star.

I have been contemplating buying another 'scope so when your cloud magnet
gets too dusty over in the corner G, send it down here to the Mojave
Desert. Our nominal cloud cover around here is "clear and a million" for at
least 300 days a year.

I've made six trips to Whidby(?sp) Island and I can unequivocally report
that the sun never shines in that part of Washington.

Old December 10th 06, 06:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
N2310D

"Blanche" wrote in message
And eastern Colorado is fantastic -- until late this evening.
Temps are expected to be in the 60s out here on the plains. And
Official Winter is only 11 days away.

Of course this time last year, we were below 0F.

Global warming, El Nino, whatever.

Blanche, I've been meaning to ask what publications you write for.

Old December 10th 06, 06:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Jon Kraus

Scott,

Are you based @ OKK? I am up there all the time in the Mooney. Yea,
yesterday was a little windy but today seems even more so... I might
take a stroll out to the airport (UMP) after the football game and bore
some holes..

Jon

Old December 10th 06, 06:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Walt

Scott Post wrote:
In article ,
Jon Kraus wrote:

It is CAVU here in Indiana today... how about Mississippi?

Wife and I flew a Cub from Kokomo to Noblesville yesterday with a
stiff South wind. Made 37 knots ground speed down, 92 back. Woulda
been faster to drive, but not nearly as fun.

--
Scott Post

You live in Kokomo? In the '70's I flew KC135's out of Grissom AFB. We
lived in Cassville, about halfway between Kokomo and Grissom.

My dad worked on the Pennsylvania/Penn Central, freight trains, his
standard route was between Columbus, OH and Logansport. Used to ride
with him on his trips. I still have early memories of sitting on a bar,
six years old, in Bunker Hill. When I was stationed at Grissom the same
bar became my major hangout.

Ah, memories... :)

--Walt

The SSA-OLC KM Soaring 65 October 4th 06 02:00 AM
The allure of the skies beckons wannabe pilots. N9NWO Piloting 0 March 8th 05 08:58 PM
Older Pilots and Safety Bob Johnson Soaring 5 May 21st 04 01:08 AM