Procedure for calculating weight and balance

Old January 30th 07, 03:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
A Lieberma

Default Procedure for calculating weight and balance

wrote in
:

It can be done in an airplane. Can
anyone do it in a simulator? Has it even been tried?

Heh, heh, waiting for Mx cult to chime in on this one :-))

After all, you don't need to be in a real plane to learn to fly as I was
told last week.

Allen
Old January 30th 07, 03:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

writes:

Not exactly on topic but something to try in a simulator and again in an
air. Trim for level at cruise,
Put your hands and arms a far forward as you can and hold them there. The
nose of the aircraft will drop and the speed increase slightly in the
airplane but not in the simulator. Then put your hands up and back as far
as you can reach. The plane's nose will rise and airspeed will drop as you
lelnter a climb. You can actually fly the aircraft just be moving your arms
and using the rudder. This is NOT possible on the simulator.

Are you tested on it when you get your license?

Nagasaki.was a secondary target requiring an attack from a direction
opposite to the one practiced. Thus this very first electronic simulator
paved the way for the failures of future electronic simulators to really
provide a true sense of what is supposed to happen.

That was 62 years ago. Times have changed.

As he lined up on the runway, I informed him that I had electrified the
yoke. Were he to touch the yoke he would go up in smoke. Under the hood he
flew a perfect flight without touching the yoke including making
the Oakland published missed at which point I asked his permission to have a
go at it. It can be done in an airplane. Can anyone do it in a simulator?

It's possible in most simulators, just as it is possible in real life.
It's even possible in MSFS. However, success would depend on the
pilot.

Has it even been tried?

I don't know. I'll have to try it sometime, when I'm looking for a
challenge. Currently, I have enough trouble with more conventional
flying.

Old January 30th 07, 03:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Gig 601XL Builder

Mxsmanic wrote:
writes:
As he lined up on the runway, I informed him that I had electrified
the yoke. Were he to touch the yoke he would go up in smoke. Under
the hood he flew a perfect flight without touching the yoke
including making the Oakland published missed at which point I asked
his permission to have a go at it. It can be done in an airplane.
Can anyone do it in a simulator?

It's possible in most simulators, just as it is possible in real life.
It's even possible in MSFS. However, success would depend on the
pilot.

Has it even been tried?

I don't know. I'll have to try it sometime, when I'm looking for a
challenge. Currently, I have enough trouble with more conventional
flying.

So in the same post you say something can be done in most simulator,
including MSFS, AND that you have never done it and don't know if anyone has
ever done it in a simulator.

Add to that I doubt you have any experience with MOST simulators.

Old January 30th 07, 08:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

Gig 601XL Builder writes:

So in the same post you say something can be done in most simulator,
including MSFS, AND that you have never done it and don't know if anyone has
ever done it in a simulator.

Very good!