AFSS response time

Old October 20th 04, 03:20 PM
C Kingsbury

"Newps" wrote in message

C Kingsbury wrote:

Then again, I'm a lot more concerned about the Nov. 2nd series these

days,
and I ain't rootin' for the home team...

There's a foreign team running?

I was referring to home as in Boston. But now that you mention it, the
Democrats ought to change their name to the "Let's Turn America Into Europe"
Party.

-cwk.

Old October 21st 04, 07:51 AM
C Kingsbury

"Newps" wrote in message

C Kingsbury wrote:

Yeah, but we don't get earthquakes, mudslides, forest fires, or riots up
here in New England, either. Though if the Red Sox manage to beat the
Yankees, all bets are off...

Lucky for you there's no chance of that. There's a better chance the
Packers will make the playoffs.

Allow me to say, "har har!" Perhaps I should place my bets on the Packers
now?

It is a zoo in Boston tonight. crowds well into the tens of thousands
roaming the city like packs of drunken orangutans, the whole situation five
minutes away from complete riots. And it will only get worse...

-cwk.

Old October 21st 04, 11:54 PM
Jay Honeck

Don't be surprised if Minnesota gains 750 yards against Indy on Monday
Night
Football (Nov 8th) ....and doesn't win the game.

There are two things in this world you can bank on:

1. The Cubs will collapse late in the season
2. The Vikings will lose the big games.

They are forever cursed (and rightfully so) for moving their football
indoors. Bud Grant, Fran Tarkenton, and the Purple People Eaters were THE
definitive Minnesota team, from a proud by-gone era.

Worse, it's just GOT to drive those guys crazy to watch the antics of losers
like Randy Moss, defaming the once-proud Vikings.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 6th 07, 02:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

Default AFSS response time

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 22:56:48 GMT, "
wrote in
. net:

Has anyone else noticed that the time you're on hold to talk to a briefer is
getting longer and longer? I noticed this about a year ago when I still
lived in Florida and thought it was just a local problem. Now I live in
Virginia and they have the same problem here. It used to be you could get a
human on the phone in a minute or so. Now it is taking about 5 to 10.

Is this how the FAA is trying to kill the FSS system? They have made no
bones about wanting to reduce the coast of the FSS system.

LOCKHEED MARTIN: AFSS PERFORMANCE IS IMPROVING
(http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archive...ll.html#196306)
Right up front, we'll say we've heard the same complaints about
Lockheed Martin's handling of the Flight Service Station contract as
everyone else: Long wait times, dropped calls, lost flight plans and
briefers lacking local knowledge of the areas they cover. Lockheed
Martin's Dan Courain, the company's VP of aviation services, says he
has gotten a similar earful and at AOPA Expo on Thursday, Courain told
AVweb that LockMart is doing something about. Specifically, it has
rewired the call waiting system to delay bumping of calls from their
origination area to other parts of the system, where briefers may be
umfamiliar with local landmarks, airspace and conditions.
http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archive...ll.html#196306
Old October 6th 07, 02:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 13:32:52 GMT, Larry Dighera
wrote in :

LOCKHEED MARTIN: AFSS PERFORMANCE IS IMPROVING
(http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archive...ll.html#196306)
Right up front, we'll say we've heard the same complaints about
Lockheed Martin's handling of the Flight Service Station contract as
everyone else: Long wait times, dropped calls, lost flight plans and
briefers lacking local knowledge of the areas they cover. Lockheed
Martin's Dan Courain, the company's VP of aviation services, says he
has gotten a similar earful and at AOPA Expo on Thursday, Courain told
AVweb that LockMart is doing something about. Specifically, it has
rewired the call waiting system to delay bumping of calls from their
origination area to other parts of the system, where briefers may be
umfamiliar with local landmarks, airspace and conditions.
http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archive...ll.html#196306

AVWEB'S AOPA EXPO 2007 PODCAST #3:
LOCKHEED MARTIN SAYS AFSS PERFORMANCE IS IMPROVING
(http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archive...ll.html#196307)

(http://media.avweb.com/banmanavweb/a...umber=6800 16)

(http://media.avweb.com/banmanavweb/a...umber=11757 0)

Anyone who's gotten a telephone preflight briefing during the past
year knows that Lockheed Martin has had its troubles in delivering
this important service to pilots. At AOPA Expo this week, AVweb's Paul
Bertorelli asked Lockheed Martin Dan Courain what the company has done
to improve its service. Here's his report.
http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archive...ll.html#196307
Old October 6th 07, 03:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
YougotitSam

AFSS Performance improving? Based on who's criteria?

We all know the FAA is clueless
Lockheed Martin is and will be self-serving(Statistical lies
and propaganda)

So who says it is improving? The tooth fairy?

Old October 6th 07, 04:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
R. Gardner

The weekend after they closed the FSS at IPT my local airport, I called to
file a VFR to HMZ. I spent twenty minutes on hold with a recording
repeatedly saying " please hold your call is important to us", I thought if
that was true they would be on the line by now. Anyway I gave up, went to
the plane and after firing up in front of the hanger I called on the radio
and filed. With the relay radio at IPT that worked great, then on return
did the same thing once high enough to call Altoona FSS (also closed) on the
radio.

I thought about it and later called and filed an official complaint. In a
few days I had a call from the Lockheed manager out at Nashville. Nice guy,
but only really said they are on a learning and training curve and they will
improve very shortly and he was sorry for the inconvenience.

On top of that it appears now you need to call one toll free number to file
and then a different number to close. That seems to be not only odd, but I
don't remember seeing that advertised prior. My be my CRS

Ron Gardner

Old October 6th 07, 04:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Noel

In article ,
Larry Dighera wrote:

LOCKHEED MARTIN: AFSS PERFORMANCE IS IMPROVING
(

Given how lousy it was when the turnover occurred, no one should
get an "atta-boy" for improvements. (-{

--
Bob Noel
(goodness, please trim replies!!!)

Old October 6th 07, 04:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
YougotitSam

Is this how the FAA is trying to kill the FSS system? They
have made no
bones about wanting to reduce the coast of the FSS system.

The FAA budget is tight. The FAA needs more money for social
programs rather than silly air traffic control and safety
stuff. Who cares about pilots and air safety anyway?

Let's all just Kumbaya!!!

https://employees.faa.gov/employee_s...ions_programs/